Track IR 4 no longer responds?

rodom

Re: Track IR 4 no longer responds?

Post by rodom »

Email me your issue directly Tiburon and describe as much as possible.

rick@naturalpoint.com
orheim

Post by orheim »

I got my tir4 last week, and today it stopped working. All I see is a faint red light. I have tr�ed to uninstall and reinstall but it won't work. Just now I made a System Restore to an earlier date to be sure that everything was at it was before I got the TIR. Still not working.....
orheim

Post by orheim »

So after the System restore I have done the following:

Used the Regfix: Result - "No devices detected that needet to be fix"

I have done according to the list postem up here: Result: "Windows won't recognize the USB device.

I will send the SETUPAPI.LOG to you as well rick.
orheim

Post by orheim »

I have now made a completely new XP installation..... AND it doesn't work!!! This must be some kind of hardware issue... when I start the TIR software, it says no device detected

WHAT SHALL I DO?
I bought it from edimensional UK
Toady

Post by Toady »

Email the issue to Rick as he asked Tiburon to do orheim.
orheim

Post by orheim »

I have, but i think it is good that I post here as well so that others with similar problems see that they are not alone.

Hmm I just have to wait to send my old TIR1 to a friend of mine, but he keeps bugging me "have you posted it yet"

I am confident that Naturalpoint will help me out some how, they are known to be helpful to customers. Just afraid that is IS a hardware problems which means I have to send it back and wait a week before i get a new one..
Toady

Post by Toady »

Don't worry too much mate. If there were hardware problems I think we'd see a lot more postings to the effect.
TIR4 and the latest drivers haven't been out that long. Teething problems methinks.
There's a whole world of difference between NP's support and all other companies I've bought from.

[ February 02, 2006, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: Toady ]
orheim

Post by orheim »

Well the reason I thin it's hardware problem is that it worked flawlessly for a week and then just stopped working. After making a full reinstallation of XP with fresh registry and all, it still does not work. Therefore I can't see how it couls be the software. I have tried all USB ports and they work excellent with other devices
Toady

Post by Toady »

Fair point.
96th_Nightshifter

Post by 96th_Nightshifter »

quote:Originally posted by orheim:
Well the reason I thin it's hardware problem is that it worked flawlessly for a week and then just stopped working. After making a full reinstallation of XP with fresh registry and all, it still does not work. Therefore I can't see how it couls be the software. I have tried all USB ports and they work excellent with other devicesStrange, the time frame for the device working is exactly the same as mine and I have the exact same problem - thanks for trying the fresh XP install - I was considering it too, at least now I know it won't help - I also bought mine from e-dimensional uk.