Settinga 1:1 ratio?

Howard

Settinga 1:1 ratio?

Post by Howard »

What would the setting be if I wanted to set a 1:1 ratio on, say the yaw axis? Or, is this even possible?

Thanks a lot,
Howard
Howard

Re: Settinga 1:1 ratio?

Post by Howard »

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually just received my TIR last night and am just beginning to figure it out. I use it, right now, solely for Flight Simulator 2004.
Toady

Post by Toady »

Its the best bit of kit I've bought in a long time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Toady

Post by Toady »

Even with a value of zero the movement seems to be a ratio of 1:2 .
If you dont mind me asking why? To look behind you on 1:1 you really would have to have eyes in the back of your head.
Howard

Post by Howard »

That's a good question! I guess I am just trying to make the movement more natural and "smooth". Most of the time I would be looking at a 45 degree angle to the front left or front right.

Howard
Toady

Post by Toady »

Fair point.
In some ways though the more you have to turn your head to look the more un-natural it feels to me using TIR.
Normally as you look to one side or another your eyes set off first and your head follows. Using TIR your head moves and you have to train your eyes to subconsciously move the opposite direction. The more extreme the head movement the worse the disorientation. Too little head movement and too quick a response.
What I do is set TIR to move a bit quicker than I want then use smoothing to bring it under control.

[ January 24, 2006, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Toady ]
Barred

Post by Barred »

The movement becomes 'natural' after a while. Everyone has thier TIR set up differently. In some respects that is the biggest problem for new users, the setting up. OK it is possible to plug in and for the majority the camera works first time. The trouble then comes when the head is not moving as they thought it would or they are losing track.

Whilst TIR is plug and go, the time spent at first experimenting on the distances between camera and clip for you and setting differenet levels in your profiles will more than pay you back over the years. Yes years, once you have gotten used to TIR you will never want to go back.

If you want a linear movement you can always try a straight curve in your profile and adjust the hight for amount of movement and smoothing for speed

Whatever enjoy your TIR and TIR4 is the best one yet.
Howard

Post by Howard »

Thanks a lot for the help. I have already started to experiment with different settings, and this software is really powerful.

Using the TIR is an amazing difference.