gun site wont stay putt

Raven

gun site wont stay putt

Post by Raven »

I am always haveing to hit the center veiw button when im dogfighting as the gun site always moves from center.
what do I need to do to fix that please?
rodom

Re: gun site wont stay putt

Post by rodom »

What game are you referring to? And does it happen in other games?

Also are you using 2DOF or 6DOF?

[ February 04, 2006, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Rick ]
Raven

Post by Raven »

hi thanks,
aces high and I have a six.
so the site seems to float I need to turn track Ir off if I want to target something even . its really messing with my once expert gunnery.
precision mode I need to hit the center view hot button or turn it off, I have my curves as low as I can reasonably go to fly combat anything lower and they are too slow.
Thanks Rave
klemi

Post by klemi »

Hi!

I got my TIR4 just a couple of days ago, and my problem is similar to yours: It was working fine, but then it just got mushy and it didn't center correctly. I restarted the TIR application and it worked fine again. Now even this, nor restarting the computer won't really help. Movement itself is OK, but the centering problem is still here.

I watched the gauges and head and tracking and it doesn't center correctly in the TIR application itself - there is always some offset in centering. In game (PF+AEP+FB) this means that the head is always slighly moved around the piper, instead of being dead on it.

I reinstalled the software (downloaded the latest version) and it didn't help. Is there something wrong with the device itself?

Thank you for help!
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

I have started a thread about the same problem in Vector Expansion.
There are quite a number of chaps having this exact problem in BOB 2; OFF: CFS3 - All to do with 6DOF and gunsights.
Only solution so far seems to be to turn trackIR off, then you get to hit something!!

Needs attention please , trackIR.
rodom

Post by rodom »

quote:Originally posted by Klemi:
Hi!

I got my TIR4 just a couple of days ago, and my problem is similar to yours: It was working fine, but then it just got mushy and it didn't center correctly. I restarted the TIR application and it worked fine again. Now even this, nor restarting the computer won't really help. Movement itself is OK, but the centering problem is still here.

I watched the gauges and head and tracking and it doesn't center correctly in the TIR application itself - there is always some offset in centering. In game (PF+AEP+FB) this means that the head is always slighly moved around the piper, instead of being dead on it.

I reinstalled the software (downloaded the latest version) and it didn't help. Is there something wrong with the device itself?

Thank you for help!What does your tracking window show when you view it?
klemi

Post by klemi »

Hi!

I moved my question to another thread "Centering problems with TIR4".

Thank you!