My TrackIR 4 stopped working

pzGrenadier

My TrackIR 4 stopped working

Post by pzGrenadier »

Hi, there,

I received my trackIR 4 about a month ago and i'm thrilled about this amazing product. However, it suddenly stopped working last Saturday. At first I thought it was a software problem and I tried with a new installation of the software alone and later with a fresh Windows XP installation. But neither proved to help with the problem. Since I have a laptop, I also tried it on my laptop. The unit will not work on my laptop either.

The problem occurs as below:
when plugged in, only the red light will be lit and the hardware will not be recognized. The trackIR software will report no hardware plugged in and there is no unknown hardware in my device manager. With the fresh install of Windows, there is no hardware installation process either.

As I browse through the forum, I found several others are having the same problem. So, I'm wondering, at this point, what I can do to make the unit start working or I should send the unit back for repair? Although one month is a short period of time, I already got a feel flying with this thing and it would be hard for me to go back looking around with the hat control on my joystick.

Any suggestions?

pzGrenadier
pzGrenadier

Re: My TrackIR 4 stopped working

Post by pzGrenadier »

The setup of my computer:

AMD Athlon64 x2 4400+
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
2G PC3200 Memory
250G Harddisk
Leadtek 7800GTX
Creative XiFi-ExtremeMusic
Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar

And the content of my installlog.txt:

2-11-2006
Install Log Entry Begin (Installation):
DirectX version : 09
DirectX version is okay
OS = Win 2K/XP
Component USB from 0 to 1
Component APP from 0 to 1
Component DOCS from 0 to 1
Component MSFS2002 from 0 to 0
Component PROFILES from 0 to 1
Install USB Drivers for 2K/XP
ReInstallUSBDevices loaded setuphlp.DLL :
Error = 0
RegisterDriverINF UpdateDriver4PnP Failed! :
USB\VID_131D&PID_0155 AND C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4\Drivers\NPUSB3.inf
Error = 183
SetupCopyOEMInfA Called
ReInstallUSBDevices loaded setuphlp.DLL :
Error = 0
RegisterDriverINF UpdateDriver4PnP Failed! :
USB\VID_131D&PID_0156 AND C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4\Drivers\NPUSB3.inf
Error = 183
SetupCopyOEMInfA Called
2-14-2006
Install Log Entry Begin (Mode = REMOVEALL ) :
OS = Win 2K/XP
Component USB from 1 to 0
Component APP from 1 to 0
Component DOCS from 1 to 0
Component MSFS2002 from 0 to 0
Component PROFILES from 1 to 0
De-Install USB Drivers for 2K/XP
Found file (removing) : C:\WINDOWS\inf\oem11.inf
rodom

Post by rodom »

If its been tested on 2 computers with no hardware being detected at all... something has happened to the device itself... possibly the USB chip has gone out.

Either way, email me directly with your TrackIR serial number and I will generate a RMA number and give you instructions on getting it replaced.

My email is rick@naturalpoint.com
Makumba

Post by Makumba »

I have the same problem.I using my Trackir few weeks and is stop working now.I do everything like in support help.My computer cant see device, like is nothing connected to computer and the same in laptop and anoder computer.What i can do?

[ February 18, 2006, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Makumba ]