Great way to secure pro 3 clip.

Coffee999

Great way to secure pro 3 clip.

Post by Coffee999 »

Hi everyone. I found a great way to keep the pro 3 vector hat clip in place, and act like the new 4pro vector clip with the straighter profile.

Lay the clip on the bill of a hat without bending it and hooking the tabs in place. Then take a small binder clip, the paper clip thingy you know, and pinch it in place at the front of the bill and fold the two levers back.

This is very secure and because the binder clip is normally black or painted black, it doesn't reflect back. Plus this way the front two reflectors stay straight with each other like the new pro4 clip.

See ya.
Coffee
rodom

Re: Great way to secure pro 3 clip.

Post by rodom »

Thanks for the good tip Coffee!
Fixer

Post by Fixer »

Great idea! Have another idea to toss out. I found a good hat that is dedicated just for the TrackIR 4. Attached the clip and sewed/stiched the clip to the hat. Once across the vertical part on the forehead section and once on the section coming from the front of the bill to the forehead. Just takes a few,tight stitches and it stays perfectly in place.
Coffee999

Post by Coffee999 »

Great tip as well. Might have to ask my wife to get out her needle and thread. :-)