mouse emulation help pls.

david1964

mouse emulation help pls.

Post by david1964 »

just got tr4 and i have to say its a class act.i would like to use it with x3 and trainz 2004 and at a pust gta within the car mode,problem is that when i start up the trackir main program then start up mouse emulation within my trackir forlder when i pess my mouse key the mouse stops moving with my head movements but the graph for the emulation program still works,my point is that as soon as i start a game(having to press my mouse key) the movement using the hat stops working,ive looked around at the forums about emulation but still having problems getting this to work.Any help on this would be great.thanks,David.
david1964

Re: mouse emulation help pls.

Post by david1964 »

anyone help please.
rodom

Post by rodom »

X3 and Trainz 2004 does not have enhanced support in those titles so you would need to try and use the mouse emulation support.

The program is called TIRMouse.EXE which is located in your TrackIR4 software folder.

For information regarding mouse emulation visit this site.
david1964

Post by david1964 »

hi and cheers,yes i understand these games are not supported,ive used emulation within trackir folder and i get the X and Y readings but when i highlight anything else on the screen(clicking my mouse button) the X and Y readings then go into the background and i loose mouse control with my head movements,its only when i highlight the emulation box i get control with the mouse using tracker, this meaning anything else than the mouse emulation program running in the forground i loose ouse movement.
i hope that makes sense.David
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Ahoy David,
I believe it is designed this way. Only the "active program" receives the mouse Emulator input . You can't use the mouse emulator to control your mouse on the desktop, only in games (and the mouse emulator's own application window).

So when your game loads it will become the active program, and trackir will work just like a mouse inside that game.

If this doesn't work, please let us know.

[ February 20, 2006, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint-Warren ]
insmart

Post by insmart »

I'm having the same problem.

I think the product has awesome potential but I can't get the mouse pointer to move in any other program other than the TIRmouse application.

Mouse emulation should be more intuative.

People choose a product for lots of different reasons. I'm trying to make TrackIR work for a disabled person. (I didn't want to use smartnav).

When TIRmouse (the mouse emulation program) loses focus the mouse pointer should remain under control of TIRmouse but it does not!!!!

How can this be called mouse emulation ?

I've applied for a development SDK and hopefully will be able to program something up.

I think the development SDK needs to be publicly available as a download. This would enable third party software to accelerate the acceptance of this product.

[ February 21, 2006, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: Rod ]
david1964

Post by david1964 »

i agree with the post above,when emulation is the forground program then its fine but as soon as i press any key the emulation goes into the background making emulation impossible,i really love this product and would love the flexibilty to use it (if only in a restricted way)in other games,ive even tried ppjoy with tir2joy to no avail.I will keep "messing" about and i might crack it.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Sorry guys,
TrackIR is for PC gaming, not general computer control. We took mouse control completely out when we released TrackIR 3, because reviewers and developers were trying to play strange games with it (in mouse mode), and not realizing that this was a far inferior experience to proper TrackIR support. It seriously damaged our attempts to get into a several games, and led to some confused reviews.

After some comments from passionate customers, we wrote up a separate mouse emulator so you could use TrackIR as a mouse if you realllllly had to - but it is now much harder to confuse mouse emulation with proper trackir usage.

Diddy, the mouse emulator doesn't work when you click outside the mouse emulator window, but leave the application running and start up your game. TrackIR should function as a mouse inside your game.

Rod, while I don't know why you don't want to use SmartNAV, please note that SmartNAV devices can also run TrackIR software, thus allowing you to do both.

There are no plans to make TrackIR do more than control games.

[ February 21, 2006, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint-Warren ]
david1964

Post by david1964 »

thanks for advise,tried using emulation on hl2,yeah it works,tried it on x3 but no luck,im really being picky coz i bought this for my flight simulators and i have to say its one smart piece of kit.
One a lighter note i have to say that using trackir4 within the games it was meant for has made them 100% better than the bog standard play,only problem now is that i cant land a plane in cockpit mode coz im crap in this view..........BETTER keep trying eh!