Toca 3?

david1964

Toca 3?

Post by david1964 »

Toca 3 is out today and i noticed on codemasters website that they are taking an interest in TRACKIR,any idea if this is going to be active on release with toca3?
david1964

Re: Toca 3?

Post by david1964 »

ive just tried the demo and its so so,not up with gtr.
HrOlsen

Post by HrOlsen »

Take a look at this page - it is supposed to support TrackIr right out of the box
although I do not have a clue on how to get it to work - it doesn't on my PC !
http://www.studiofaca.com/forum/forum_p ... =1325&PN=1
Barred

Post by Barred »

I have not managed to get it to run either in any view mode.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Ahoy all,
We've been talking to Codemasters about this over the past couple days.

We are not supported in the game currently.

2DOF support was confirmed last year when that TOCA newsletter went out, and they were looking into upgrading to 6DOF. It appears 2DOF support was taken out while they were crunching to get the xbox and ps2 versions of the game finalized for release.

We have been assured that TrackIR support will be added back in through a future patch, but no word yet on when this patch will materialize.

Sorry for the delay here. We will continue to press for details on future support. As we learn more, we'll let you know.
Fixer

Post by Fixer »

Relatively new to TrackIR 4 but absolutely love its performance with IL-2 flight sims and my GTR and GT Legends driving sims. Just picked up Toca 3 and was dismayed at the lack of support of the TrackIR. But after playing the game it bit, even TrackIR support won't save it. Don't mean to flame anything but the Toca series has been gradually going backwards. This really seems like a console port with some bad driving physics. I wasn't expecting the world on physics due to the extensive content but it just isn't fun compared to GTR or GTL. I'm going to uninstall Toca 3 and give it a try again if they patch it to support 6DOF but I'm not optimistic that it can help much.
david1964

Post by david1964 »

I have been using toca3 on demo over the last few days and i agree,the game feels light.I must say that GTR is far far harder in the cockpit even if it feels right,i cant even finish a race without crashing............oh well,thats not the TRACKIR4 to blame thats my reaction time(getting slower).