FS2002/9 problems

Gudgey

FS2002/9 problems

Post by Gudgey »

Hi all,

I just got Track IR 4 this morning and have set it up successfully, everything seems to work fine.
I had a quick go in Falcon 4 and Lock-on, and it worked great straight away, but I can not get it working in either FS2002 or FS9.
In both programs I create a flight and cycle forward to the Virtual Cockpit view, but nothing happens. I have a CH Flightsim Yoke and I can pan around normally with the hat switch, but there is absolutley no movement from my head.
Does it need to be activated in some way with a hot key, or should it just work?
Please help, as I bought it for FS2004 and after seeing it working in Falcon 4 I really want it to work.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gudgey.
Toady

Re: FS2002/9 problems

Post by Toady »

Hi Gudgey and welcome.
Have you seen this thread?

TrackIR 4 Pro isn't working in FS2004!

Don't know much about the FS series but all problems seem to be resolved more or less in the same ways.
Have a good look around this forum.
'THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE' somewhere.
Gudgey

Post by Gudgey »

Thanks for the reply Toady.

I've got it working in FS2002, I didn't have the module installed (I installed FS2002 after TrackIR).

Still won't work in FS9 though. I looked at the thread you pointed me to and it looks like it might be because I am using a no-cd crack. I guess that makes sense, as FS2002 does not need the cd in to play.

I know were not supposed to use cracks, but after cracking my Splinter Cell Chaos Theory DVD, and completely splitting Rome Total War 's CD1, I try and use them whenever I can.

I'll re-install FS9, but leave the original .EXE in place and see if this sorts it.

Gudgey.
Toady

Post by Toady »

No worries mate. If there's a nocd crack out there I'll use it whenever I can.
Good luck with FS9 and let us know how you get on.
Gudgey

Post by Gudgey »

Hi Toady,

I re-installed FS9 without using a No-cd crack but still can't get it working.

I'm really stumped here.

Gudgey
Toady

Post by Toady »

Sorry mate. It has me stumped too.
Try sending 'support' an email with as much info as possible or try looking on the FS forums as it may be game specific.
Is TIR still working with your other games?
Markoz

Post by Markoz »

I can't understand it.

I have been using my TrackIR 4 Pro since I got it on the 28th Nov '05 with the FS9.1 NoCD hack. It has always performed perfectly and was still doing so five minutes ago.

I would post the file name and location of the NoCD hack I use, but alas, it might be against the rules to do so.

If I am told that it is OK to tell you, I shall. But until then sorry.

Just to let you know. I have just re-downloaded the NoCD hack from the site and it is STILL working perfectly for me.
g7usl

Post by g7usl »

Try un-plugging the TIR and then replacing the plug?

'Microshaft' sorry Microsoft programs sometimes disable by default unused hardware to save power.
Gudgey

Post by Gudgey »

Well, I'm getting nowhere here.
I spent today backing up all my files to DVD, as tonight I am gonna re-format the hardrives (all 330GB!). Tomorrow I will re-intall the OS and see if it works. I will also create another two Primary partiions so, if it doesn't work I can try it in Win98 and 2000.
If I still can't get it running in FS9 then I'm afraid it's going back!
I really don't want to return it, but it's no use to me otherwise.

Gudgey

[ March 11, 2006, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Gudgey ]
Gudgey

Post by Gudgey »

IT WORKS, IT WORKS!!!!

Sorry, got a bit excited there. I re-installed WinXP, all the necessary drivers,TrackIR and FS9 and it worked first time.

There must have been something incompatible amongst the many programs, scattered throughout my two HDD's.

Unfortunately for others having problems I don't know what it was, so can't offer any advice, apart from flatten your machine and start again (it's worth it!).

One thing I did notice is, the shortcuts to centre and disable the view now work when they didn't before.

Gudgey.

[ March 12, 2006, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Gudgey ]