NO DATA

MK

NO DATA

Post by MK »

Hello
I just purchased the Track IR4 two weeks ago and found it amazing.
However, just got a new upgrade and loaded everything ok. This morning it worked perfect, when I started again this afternoon it did not work. Bottom left corner says NO DATA.
I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of time with rebooting and still get the NO DATA message.
Has anybody come across this.

Thank MK
Biglazy_01

Re: NO DATA

Post by Biglazy_01 »

Having the very same problem, worked for a few days now nothing. Does not show up in device manager nothing. When I plug it in to USB I get a dim red light on top thats all. no Data and nothing else. Help please was really enjoying this.
rodom

Post by rodom »

Have either of you tried the registry fix that is at the top of this forum?

Also what upgrade did you install?
MK

Post by MK »

Hi Rick
I sent a message priviously but looks like it did'nt go through.
Anyways Ii did try the registry fix after talking with you on the phone last friday but no joy. It looks like a device problem so I need to return it for another. I would like to make one suggestion for those who distruibute this product. And that is because this device is most likely very delicate it should be package much better then what is is when ship out by any courier. People who work on the ramp for these couriers are not so gentle with the packages that go through even if it indicates fragile.

Thank
MK
MK

Post by MK »

Hi Biglazy
Very frustrating hey?
Just thought I would let you know that the TrackIR does show up in my device manager. Good luck with it.

MK
HarryLee

Post by HarryLee »

MK, I understand your pain, my 2 year old TIR2 did the same "No Data" crap to me as well After doing a little research I found it was installing as ORIGINAL TIR and NOT TIR2, I think that was the problem. Rick more or less confirmed this. Basically as I understand the prom got crapped and it was giving the original TIR USB ID and NOT the correct TIR2 ID.

Anyway I broke down after that and got TIR4, so far it's working great I'm pounding on wood, hoping it will continue to do so...

In the meantime here are a few things you might wanna try:

1) Check your room lighting. Make sure there are NO bright or reflective things such as lights or shiny objects that might be in view of the TIR4. Also try dimming the lights (or turn off entirely) in the room. If that fixes it, problem solved - quit while you're ahead Otherwise, continue:

2) Install it on a friend's PC, that has NOT had TIR4 installed before, and use the ORIGINAL drivers you first installed it with. If it won't work there, install on another friend's PC that has NOT had TIR4 installed before. If it still won't work, it's probably dead and you should stop and get an RMA. If it works however, continue with Step 3

3) Blow away the update you put on:

1st, uninstall the TIR4 software thru Add/Remove Programs.

2nd, restart your computer.

3rd, set a System Restore point!

4th, BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY!!! I can't stress that enough, I assume NO responsibility if you delete something your system needs!!!

5th, go into regedit and delete EVERYTHING related to NaturalPoint and/or TrackIR that may still remain.

6th, delete the NaturalPoint folder which should be at C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4.

7th, restart your computer.

8th, reinstall the NP software that WORKED, before your update.

9th, reconnect TIR4 and see what happens. Hopefully it will work.

If it does, I'd say DON'T mess with whatever update you got before Don't know what one that was, I've had mine a little less than 2 weeks, you got yours right before I did, and mine came with the most current one on the NP website.

HTH, and don't hold it against me if I didn't help - I'm not a support guy, just a dumb "joe blow" NP customer trying to lend a hand. Hope you can get it sorted out!
rodom

Post by rodom »

Good points from HarryLee there and I'll say it again... Create a System Restore point or backup your registry by another means before you delete anything from it!
MK

Post by MK »

Hi Harrylee

Thanks for the information. I'll try this and let you know how it goes. Thanks again

MK