TIR4 Losing Connection

nealg

Re: TIR4 Losing Connection

Post by nealg »

Hey Dizz!!! How're things in the 310th?

Ok, I have the same thing pretty much. If you see my post called 'TIR Won't Shut Off', you will see I had a couple strange occurrences. At Rick's suggestion, I switched my TIR to a powered hub, and this particular little quirk still surfaces frequently, but all the other problems are gone. I have decided, as long as I can unplug/replug, then I'll live with it. Otherwise, works top-notch!

In my case, it may be partly due my motherboard, which was known to have problems recognizing USB devices, and partly power-related. One thing I have noticed when it happens now....there is usually power to the unit when I power the PC on....it loses it's USB recognition when XP is in it's final boot stage ( blank screen with the mouse cursor visible, before the 'welcome' screen ).

Power is still there...but the USB light on the hub goes off, thus the TIR goes blank. Unplug/reoplug, all is well again.

This is only on cold starts ; reboots, it never loses it. And I shut down via XP. No real help there, my friend, I know -- but at least you know you aren't alone.

Out of curiosity.....do you have .NET framework installed? If so, which version? I still have 1.1, have resisted updating to 2.0; I doubt it is behind this, but one never knows.

[ March 31, 2006, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Nealg ]