How flexible is the multimonitor support?

Juggernaut

How flexible is the multimonitor support?

Post by Juggernaut »

Hello,

Can anyone tell me in what regards does TrackIR support multimonitors?

I presume that if I have one view stretched across 3 screens that things will work fine, but how does trackIR work if the three screens are of 3 different views (ie not just one view stretched)?

Are all of the views forced to change together, or can you also make it so that only one or two of the screens moves with the head movement?

What if, for example, I have one monitor for a heads up view and I have another monitor for an instrument display and I do not wish to have the instrument display view to change when I move my head.

What if I am using a 3D cockpit and I still wish to have my view of the instruments remain stationary? Is that possible?

Thanks for any information!
Juggernaut
rodom

Re: How flexible is the multimonitor support?

Post by rodom »

It will work as long as all monitors are connected to 1 PC.

The stationary monitor though might be an issue. Don't think that will be possible but then again I could be wrong.
Juggernaut

Post by Juggernaut »

Hello Rick,

Thank you for the reply.

Is there a way for you to test this out...say in FS2004?

Basically to output one monitor to a static display and see if you can still use trackIR to look around the cockpit without the static display changing?

I am on the development team for a new military flight simulator called Fighter Ops (www.fighterops.com). We plan to fully support all flight sim "gear" including the ability to export data to separate windows for those who create home-cockpits, so knowing what trackIR can and cannot support may help us figure out the best way to map things.

Thank you for your help!
Paul "Juggernaut" Sterman
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Hello Paul,
I'm helping rick out a bit with support.
I'll try to set this up and test it out today or tomorrow.

I haven't used multi monitors with different views before, but I see this page at MS for setting up multiple monitors:
http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsi ... onitor.asp

So i'll go off that (unless you'd suggest any special setup). more soon, sir.