I think bying this TrackIR was maybe waste of money

Its the first time i bought it

Can some one help me here to have a good profile for il2-fb please
HarryLee

Re: Need help TrackIR4pro

Post by HarryLee »

Hi Friedrich,

quote: I have a lot of problems to fly with track-IR

Like orentation and stuf I think you have only just got your TIR? It takes some time to learn how to use it, it is VERY easy to become disoriented at 1st. Because your head moves only a small amount in the "real" world, but in the "VC" world it moves a lot.

Believe me, I got airsick a LOT when I 1st got my TIR2 a couple years ago And I wasn't flying combat sims, only FS2002. But after a couple weeks it got better, I could look wherever I wanted and stay oriented. Then I moved up to LOMAC and it was FANTASTIC

Just be patient, you'll learn. Soon you will know exactly where you're looking at all times, the orientation problems will go away with experience.

quote: I cant seem to aim with this divice also on headons

even with precision on I bought TIR4 last month, haven't tried any combat sims yet. But I've heard of this problem you describe. Everything I've read suggests it's a problem with the way the optical sight is modelled in combat sims.

The sight SHOULD remain fixed no matter where your head is in the game, so that the pipper is always where the bullets will go.

But instead the optical sights seem to be treated like a "bead and ring" sight, so if your head moves left, the sight moves right, which is correct for a bead and ring sight, but wrong for an optical sight. And that will throw off your aim.

Lot of people have complained about that, but it's not the TIR's fault, it's the sim's fault if I understand right. Like I said, I haven't tried it yet, but if this is the case, the only fix is for the games to be patched so the sight works right.

quote: and how can i edit this precision mode in TrackIR
I was much much bether with the good old hatch switch on my stickI'll leave it to someone else to give tips on editing profiles, I haven't tried that much yet with the new software. My TIR2 had only 2DOF, now I've got 6DOF, and I haven't messed with it really since the default profiles work pretty good.

quote:I think bying this TrackIR was maybe waste of money Nope, not a waste at all! You just need to allow time to get used to it, and time to get the profiles adjusted to suit your needs.

Try to remember the very 1st time you ever used a mouse. If you were like me, it was difficult at 1st to quickly point the mouse exactly where you wanted. But now it is instinctive, right? It's the same with TIR, at 1st it is awkward but with a little practice it becomes instinct and you can't imagine living without it

HTH!