Software enhancement

Snivly

Software enhancement

Post by Snivly »

This might be elsewhere but as a suggestion could we have a new set of features for the software test head? I know it doesn't really fall into the purpose of the testing of a trackir but it might prove be a great time waster.

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of
a-customised features ie hair,
b-a set of moveable expressions
c-a way to record them

Ps just got a trackir4 this week ,great unit!
Markoz

Re: Software enhancement

Post by Markoz »

Are you serious? Really?

After all it's only for setting the head tracking up.

warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

The ideas of custom faces has come up before, but has been left as a low priority for the forseeable future.

For now, you can in fact create your own custom skins for the 3d heads, and make them appear by replacing the "heads.x" file in the TrackIR4\Models directory. This requires some 3d modeling/skinning knowledge though (to create a .x file). And I'm afraid I can't support or help with this (more of a "secret" feature which we aren't actively promoting, at this point).

There has also been discussion of offering other views (an in-game-perspective to better display how the experience will feel, and an over-the-shoulder isometric perspective to better display your position in relation to TrackIR). But again, for the moment we are focusing on other things (which i can't discuss in detail, yet).

Appreciate the interest though. frivolous as it may be, i'm still pushing for customizable heads.

[ April 04, 2006, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint-Warren ]
david1964

Post by david1964 »

WOW,what.....you mean you cant tell us.........a secret eh.......will it be worth the wait?

[ April 05, 2006, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: diddydavid ]