TIR4-Problems at night

Nod

TIR4-Problems at night

Post by Nod »

Hello everyone,

I received my TIR and it works really well during the daytime, at night though, I'm not so lucky. I am using it in conjunction with the track-hat rather than on the headset.

My PC is set up at the top of the stairs, with window at the rear of the monitor, in the day the light from the window shines into my face, and all is well.

In the evenings I have the blins shut and lights on, but have trouble getting it to track me. If I open the tracker screen, the background is all green with three black dots, rather than the other way round.

I have one desk based spot light, and a ceiling light, and the stair well behind me. I have tried various ways of having the lights on and off, completely dark, twisted the spot light direction etc, and occasionaly it will track for a while, but then stops again.

I have adjusted the light filter settings but have not yet found a solution.

Any advice would be helpful. I have pale walls, so thought maybe the reflection of the lights was causing problems, but thought with the lights out I may cure it.....but as said....not yet.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Nod
Markoz

Re: TIR4-Problems at night

Post by Markoz »

Are the lights behind you and shining towards the TIR?

If yes. Could be that TIR is "seeing" the light rather than any reflection of light from the vector expantion clip. Then I would suggest a light that will shine in your face and on the reflectors on the vector expantion clip instead of on the TIR unit.

I hope that helps you.

[ April 08, 2006, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Markoz ]
Nod

Post by Nod »

Thanks Markoz, I tried all of the suggested, but things have gradually taken a turn for the worse.

Started to get flickering tracking, in and out etc until now I can't get it to work or track in daylight, half daylight, blinds open, closed, lights on or off, shining direct into my face, at arms length, close up.......I've tried everything. Unistalled, cleaned the reg re-installed etc.

Maybe I was just unlucky enough to have a dodgy unit. Now all I get is a green screen when viewing the tracker and it's not picking up anything

I'll contact the NaturalPoint chaps direct and see what they suggest. Only had it a couple of days or so, so I'm sure they will be able to come up with something.

Thanks for your help.
Paul
Markoz

Post by Markoz »

Sorry to hear that Paul.

The staff at NaturalPoint are very good with their backup services.

I hope to hear that all is well in the not so distant future.

Kind Regards

Mark
Nod

Post by Nod »

Cheers mate....I've dropped them a line now describing the problems. Hopefully I will get sorted out soo, as when it works.....its brilliant. I don't know how I ever flew without it!!!
Markoz

Post by Markoz »

quote:Originally posted by Nod:
Cheers mate....I've dropped them a line now describing the problems. Hopefully I will get sorted out soo, as when it works.....its brilliant. I don't know how I ever flew without it!!!I agree 100% with that!

Nod

Post by Nod »

Just to complete the thread, the Natural Point chaps have responded to my e-mail really quickly and think that as I have tried it on two different PC's with the same results, it could be an intermittent fault with the unit.

They are going to send me a new unit out.

That's good customer service. They responded really quickly and I should be back in the skies enjoying myself soon.