"The attached camera is not supported" Message

ddocg

"The attached camera is not supported" Message

Post by ddocg »

Windows XP Pro Servive Pack 2, with up to date updates.

SERIAL NUMBER 041491

The above message is what i receive whenever i try to start my TIR4.

As far as lights on the unit are concerned, i have a faint red light and an intermittent blue with an approx gap of 5 seconds.

I have just tried to run the software, no applet has appeared though i now have a steady green light with intermittent blue on the unit.

I can see TrackIR.exe in the Process Tab of Task Manager but i cannot end the process.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, i have deleted registry entries, inf entries and windows installer entries.

At this rate i am considering a reinstall of windows, though i really do not want to do this.

I have seen others posting here of similar problems though mine seems to be different due to the lights working and the message that it is not supported.

When the applet does start it informs me that no device is connected though i still get the intermittent blue light.

This is driving me nuts, help very much appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

PS I done a restart and got a windows error that gave me the option to debug.

Using C++ i get this message

Unhandled exception in TrackIR.exe (MFC42U.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation.

[ April 19, 2006, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: ddocg ]
ddocg

Re: "The attached camera is not supported" Message

Post by ddocg »

I have also done a system restore back to earlier on today when TIR4 was working, though sadly it has made no difference.

I am still getting the message

"The attached camera is not supported"

whenever i start the program.

within the program, i tried selecting Activate Vector Expansion and i get a message telling me that i need to have a TIR unit connected.

Obviously it is connected, the blue light is still intermittent.

Anyone, any ideas ?

Dave
ddocg

Post by ddocg »

Windows XP Pro Servive Pack 2, with up to date updates.

SERIAL NUMBER 041491

Seeing as i had omitted to give this info earlier, maybe this is why i have not had a response.

PS It's still driving me nuts.

Dave
Markoz

Post by Markoz »

Did you use the NPRegFix.exe to remove TrackIR or did you go through the registry using "ctrl + F" and "F3" to find all instances of it and then remove them?

If you did the latter, I would suggest using the NPRegFix.exe to uninstall it properly. Then try reinstalling it.

Get the NPRegFix.exe via the second "sticky" subject in this forum, and see if that helps.

If all that fails, you should PM one of the NP Techs and organize getting it sorted out properly.
Good luck.

[ April 21, 2006, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Markoz ]