Fs9 frame rate collapse

I-MIKY

Fs9 frame rate collapse

Post by I-MIKY »

Hi, normally I have 30/40 fps but when TrackIR software is on it collapse to 1!
With Task Manager Windows utility i can saw that, on my pc, TrackIR needs 45/50% of CPU resource... Its look too much for an utility like this. I try to close all (possible) background program but nothing change.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards, Michele.
rodom

Re: Fs9 frame rate collapse

Post by rodom »

Are you running any third party apps for FS? Active Camera?
I-MIKY

Post by I-MIKY »

No, I read other topics about Fs problem and not situations like that I have.
david1964

Post by david1964 »

Must be a problem elsewhere,my system seems to have very very little effects when Trackir4 is on,maybe spyware could be to blame.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Please let us know if the problem persists, I-MIKY. TrackIR should be using less than 1% of your processor.
NickMat

Post by NickMat »

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with performance. Although I do realise that My computer is way behind- 1.8Ghz AMD i still seem to be really brought back on performance.
I base that on the fact that Trackir takes approximatelly 30% of my CPU TIME. Is that normal? Should i Expect that with my comp. or should i expect more.

I also have an ATI Radeon 9700 128mb. 512mb of RAM

Other than that its a great device however, i am forced to fly default planes to enjoy the game with all the settings at extremely low.

Thanks

[ May 26, 2006, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: NickMat ]
I-MIKY

Post by I-MIKY »

My problem presist, I don't find solution. I'm very sorry for you but you have the same problem I have... I disinstalled all and put it back into the packet waiting someone which could help me.
Regards, Michele.
matsis

Post by matsis »

I am a brand new TrackIR user (slightly dizzy but happy ) and have found that the framerate collapse (happened to me too) appears to be related to the way you have the IR software running:
If you have it in windowed mode and have all the editing tools open it needs quite a bit of processor power and will lead to this framerate collapse in FS. If you just have the Software itself in the task bar processing power goes back to between 0 and 10% (in very short burst when extreme movements occur), hardly noticable at all in FS. I hope this helps...
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

I-MIKY and NickMat : Please let me know if you are running in windowed mode as well.

Also, please close the heads and tracking windows, and let me know if that affects the amount of processor being used/ frame-rate.

Also, on the offchance you've attached a new joystick and it's causing confusion on the computer, please go to the hotkeys window and click "refresh directInput."

Also, for the fastest response, please email me directly, with your serial numbers.

I hope this helps.