My TrackIR 4 Pro has suddently stopped workin

SkullBiscuit

Re: My TrackIR 4 Pro has suddently stopped workin

Post by SkullBiscuit »

Same problem here. I thought it was just a USB issue but the device stopped working a few weeks ago and doing the unplug/replug, registry fix has not solved the problemt that the device is not detected anymore. I've tried it on another machine where I have a working TrackIR Pro 3 with Vector and that machine detects a USB device but cannot install it (even though the software is already on the machine for the TIR3 (and yes I did unplug the TIR3 before plugging in the TIR 4)

I think there is a hardare problem

TIR #041119

SB
fencer88

Post by fencer88 »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Vincent:
Dear Custer,

We have sold 1000's of TrackIR units, and yours is atypical. If you are having issues, please feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to troubleshoot the issue.Just for information. I bought TIR4 about a month ago and, a few days ago, I had the same problem that a lot of people on this forum seem to have. The TIR worked in a slugish kind of way in dot tracking mode and absolutely refused to work in vector mode. It was in the evening and it took me two evenings to find out that I had a halogen lamp burning in a corner of the room... Not smart, but I eventually found out (after loging on to this forum). Since then, everything works perfectly.

Hope this helps,

Bruno
k9

Post by k9 »

Count me in as having the same problems as others. I'm awaiting a reply from service techs but, in the mean time......no TRACKIR.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What is the Serial # of the device?
Should be located on the end of the cable, near the USB plug, or on the underside of the device.

Could you send us a copy of the Setupapi.log file?
It should be located in the C:\Windows folder

Have you tried the device on another system?

Are you plugging in directly to the system, or are you using a hub?

Have you tried isolating the device on the USB ports?

Could you attach a screen shot of your device manager, and tracking screen?

To make Print Screen work, you must save an image of what's displayed on-screen to the clipboard and then paste it into a document where it can be printed.

Windows Help: Print Screen

To do this, follow this procedure:

1. Maximize the window you'd like to capture.
2. To copy/capture the current window, hold down ALT + Print Scrn at the same time. To capture the entire screen, just press Print Scrn alone.
3. Open a new document in MS Paint, MS Word, MS Photo Editor, or Adobe PhotoShop.
4. Paste the screen shot by holding down CTRL and V at the same time.
5. Save the document as a .JPG or .JPEG file and send it in.
HAPPYDUDE

Post by HAPPYDUDE »

I'm having this problem too. I haven't used it in the last few days and I noticed that since around yesterday, the orange light on top of the unit hasn't been been on. I've tried unplugging it and unplugging all the other USB devices and still no luck. I've even tried installing a fresh copy of Windows XP. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks

Earl
EmteZogaf

Post by EmteZogaf »

Just to throw my experiences in:

Someday my TIR4 stopped working this summer, too. No LED turned on no matter which USB port I plugged it in. Later then while surfing the web it started working again. I noticed the room temperature was some degrees less, so my guess was it had an overheat shutdown. This happened again today. After putting a fan behind it's running again.

My unit is positioned on a 19" CRT, which emits a lot heat, of course. I think I better find a cooler location.

[ August 17, 2006, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: EmteZogaf ]
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Good information to know, appreciate the input.
Naldo

Post by Naldo »

Hey, bought TIR4 a few months back.

Absolute fantastic bit of kit.
Unfrotunutly whilst playing falcon a couple of
days ago, It just gave up!

I normaly have had the problem where I just re-install it and all the good stuff, But this time its
just not haveing any of it!

My serial number is 046631

Tried changing ports reinstall , all the good stuff,

When I plug it in the windows detect runs up and says the device has malfunctioned!

The red light comes on and the blue light flashes every 6 sec or so.

I am lost with out it, and dont want to have to spend another heap of money that I aint got to
get another 1.

Any help would be much apprieciated, thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I would contact your place of purchase, which looks like eDimensions, and get the unit replaced. If you have any issues, feel free to contact us directly.
Naldo

Post by Naldo »

Yep thank will get onto them.