devestated

bert86

devestated

Post by bert86 »

Hi

My trackir was delivered the otherday and I think I got the wrong thing. Can the trackir be used to control mouse movements or is that just the smartnav?

I am a bit gutted. If it cannot be used to move mouse on desktop I need to return it.

Please advise, Thanks.
Slice

Re: devestated

Post by Slice »

Just read this and see if it's what you wanted... http://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/

TrackIR moves your VIEW releative to your HEAD postiton in game.
bert86

Post by bert86 »

oh snap!

So if I want to use head track in a game I need trackir but if i want to use mouse also I need both smartnav and trackir?

what about the mouse emulation, what is that for?

[ May 28, 2006, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: bert ]
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Mouse Emulation allows people to use TrackIR in a limited way in older games that will not be patched for TrackIR support. But it does not support general computer computer usage. Games only.

We also offer links to joystick and keyboard emulators, for other older games that have alternate methods of view control.

but again, none of these three emulators is recommended over proper TrackIR support (where view control is separate from your current controls).

Please note, if you own a SmartNAV it can also run the TrackIR software, so you do not need to purchase both.