TrackIR4 Pro - More Mouse Emulation features

cannon

TrackIR4 Pro - More Mouse Emulation features

Post by cannon »

Hello everybody and greetings from Greece!

I got TrackIR4 Pro (ordered from Canada through eBay), and I'm very pleased with the product and the latest software features (4.1 build 28).

I'd like to ask for some support about the following issue:

Playing with falcon 4 (+FreeFalcon3 +Cobra patches) I'm using Yaw and Pitch axes of TIR4, cause that's all the game is supporting for TIR.

BUT, reviewing some posts about solutions on zooming in 3D-cockpit, I came along with using ppjoy and tir2joy.exe, and adding a virtual joystick axis in FOV controller of the game, providing zoom. At the bottom line, the whole concept doesn't seem to work with TIR4pro, although I tried many things.

My request is this: Can you please release a new Mouse Emulation program (TIRMouse.exe), with the additional features:
a) Add the option for Mouse Wheel, to correspont to an TIR4 axis (preferred Z axis)
b) Add Enable/Disable option for each mouse axis.

With the above requested options, I can solve my problem in this way:
1) Enable and configure Yaw (turn left/right), Pitch (look up/down), and Z (move in/out) in TIR4 software with the preferred axis curves.
2) Run Mouse Emulation with:
---a) X an Y mouse axis disabled
---b) Wheel being TIR4 Z axis
3) In-game selections:
---a) TrackIR enabled for 3D cockpit (for Yaw and Pitch)
---b) Mouse Wheel in FOV, for zooming in 3D cockpit (which actually is TIR4 Z axis via mouse emulation).

On the contrary, I would ask you to add some features to the TIR4 latest software, to provide a virtual joystick interface. In that way someone could create a virtual joystick in windows (like ppjoy does), and -in my case- having one axis (Z). But this solution seems much more complicated to develop than the first one (mouse emulation program additions).

Please help me as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

[ June 14, 2006, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: cannon ]
kevin

Re: TrackIR4 Pro - More Mouse Emulation features

Post by kevin »

Hello Cannon,

I have forwarded your feedback to our developers and have made a feature request. I am not sure when you may see the features though.

I just wanted to let you know your feedback is appreciated and has been noted.

Best,
Kevin
cannon

Re: TrackIR4 Pro - More Mouse Emulation features

Post by cannon »

Thank you very much in advance, Kevin
I'm looking forward to seeing the new feature.