Track IR + LCD Visor

eirigoyen

Track IR + LCD Visor

Post by eirigoyen »

Can I configure the TRACK IR, to use it with a Head mounted display conected to the Video Out of My Nvidia Video Card.
Barred

Re: Track IR + LCD Visor

Post by Barred »

Hi, the TIR camera works on USB (not recomended through a HUB.) and the clip is designed to clip on a cap brim. I cannot see why it is not possible to secure the clip to your visor with tape for example (the clip is only a few grams.). If you secure the clip to your visor I would recomend haveing the camera at roughly the same hight as the reflector clip for maximum effectiveness.
eirigoyen

Post by eirigoyen »

Ok, Is possible obtain a relation of 1:1 on head movements and virtual head movements?

In other word if i turn my head to the right 90 degree, I see the right side view of the simulator on the head mounted display.
hermazoid

Post by hermazoid »

quote:Originally posted by eirigoyen:
Ok, Is possible obtain a relation of 1:1 on head movements and virtual head movements?

In other word if i turn my head to the right 90 degree, I see the right side view of the simulator on the head mounted display.Why would you need to do that? Seems to me that the visor is just replacing your monitor. Even if the view does not move 1:1 the effect should be the same, turn right - view moves right. Why do you want to have to crank your neck all the way around 90 degrees? You'll hurt yourself :-)

[ July 07, 2006, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: hermazoid ]
eirigoyen

Post by eirigoyen »

Yes, I am replacing the Monitor with the Head Mounted Display in front of my eyes, The idea is obtain a Full VR sim. Using Low cost object. I can buy a I-Gasses or equal, for a price of 900$, but it is very expensive.
kevin

Post by kevin »

The TrackIR can work with a HMD, people have had good luck using several of the different HMD's on the market.

The TrackIR software can be adjusted to give a 1:1 movement ratio if you would like.

Best,
Kevin