Track IR4 Arrived Today

Kyril

Track IR4 Arrived Today

Post by Kyril »

I just have to comment here, a user of Track IR 3 plus Vector since it's inception, the 4 model is a bigger step up than I thought it would be.
3 was awesome, but 4 is even smoother and I even picked up 5 to 8 fps in IL2 and Lock On Flaming Cliffs.
Hats off to the Natural Point Team for making a fantastic product even better.
oqvist

Re: Track IR4 Arrived Today

Post by oqvist »

Are you using more software? How can TrackIR otherwise make it run faster unless you run some new software version?

I mean fps wise not tracking wise .

I found a TrackIR 4 I can get for a beat cheaper. Happy with my TrackIR 3 PRO but found one for 120$ 180$ felt a bit steep especially since I already has it.

So I will notice a big difference between 3 PRO and 4?
david1964

Post by david1964 »

hear hear mate,its cool aint it
Kyril

Post by Kyril »

Not a "huge" difference, but more than enough IMO to warrant the upgrade. (I really didn't think it would be either, but was pleasently suprised)

The 4 is much smoother, seems to need re-centering far less often, no hiccups at the least oppertune time, and seems much less finicky about set-up.

Not sure why I got a frame rate boost, but maybe because the 4 is next gen and runs more efficiently?

I got mine thru GoGamer.com, with a $30.00 discount coupon from SimHQ.

[ July 10, 2006, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Kyril ]
Barred

Post by Barred »

Oqvist the speed differnece is slightly faster more so when the Vector is used. The big thing (for me) was the wider field of view of the camera.