World of Warcraft?

bad-aries

World of Warcraft?

Post by bad-aries »

Does anyone have used TrackIR to play World of Warcraft? I usually use TrackIR to play GPL and LFS. Not sure if TrackIR gives any benefit to WoW.

Thanks.
VincentG

Re: World of Warcraft?

Post by VincentG »

I don't think there is any TrackIR enhancement to it, but if there is a mouse look you might be able to get that to function with the TrackIR.
dschoemaker1

Post by dschoemaker1 »

I've tried to get the "mouselook" feature to work with TrackIR. Normally you have to click on your left mouse button and move the mouse to "look around". I've had no luck whatsoever, has anyone gotten this to work in WOW? I just want it to look around, nothing else.

ANY help would be appreciated.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

I don't believe this works in WOW, and I have been in communication with Blizzard to request this kind of basic implementation. As of yet, they haven't responded with anything especially encouraging. :( At least part of their dev team definitely knows about TrackIR, and is aware of how it could be used in WOW.

I'd encourage you to make your request on their forums, as at this point, the proverbial ball is in their court.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
dschoemaker1

Post by dschoemaker1 »

I've posted in the WOW forums on this and the problem is the absolute flood of spam/wasted posts something like this just gets buried.

I'm sure others have been trying to get this to work. I'm a little baffled by why mouse emulation does not continue to work within the program itself. I use a KeyPad with macros for the game so it can't be blocking USB devices.

Anyone out there got this working in any way, shape or form? Please share.
dschoemaker1

Post by dschoemaker1 »

Been a while, thought I would check in with NaturalPoint to see if there as any movement on this?

I STILL can't get this to work and never got a meaningful response from Blizzard.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Unfortunately, no news in this case is bad news. Blizzard has been thoroughly unresponsive. At one point they had assigned a developer to examine TrackIR integration, at the request of a fellow WOW developer. He's tested the unit, and we had some back and forth, but he's since fallen off the face of the earth. Wish I had something better to report. As a fellow WOW player, I've thought multiple times how simple TIR support would be a very handy feature.

I'll give Blizzard a ring today and see if I can reignite a conversation on this.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
BrassEm

Post by BrassEm »

Any updates from Blizzard?

(If anyone from Blizzard has ever used a TIR, they would know how much it would improve the game. And for such a popular game I'm suprised this hasn't been done ages ago?)
razalom

Post by razalom »

Well as someone who has just ordered this (for ARMA2 and FSX) support for WoW as well would be great. Hope something comes from this as would be great for pvp arena
Razi

Post by Razi »

Sorry to stir a dead thread, but I would like to stir it. I wonder if persistence would pay off. The game seems to be alive and well and not going anywhere anytime soon. I would love to see a simple implementation of controlling the camera with my trackir. That is it. It would greatly aid my playing as my mouse would be freed up do accomplish other tasks and not to mention the camera control would become more intuitive, for me at least.

What advice would you give us to help with the process of "encouraging" Blizzard to add trackir support to camera control?