Orbiter problems

Apogee02UK

Orbiter problems

Post by Apogee02UK »

Hello,

I'm a very big fan of the TrackIR product and was very excited to see that a plug-in had become available as part of the latest build.

Unfortunatedly getting to the hair-pulling stage trying to get it to function within Orbiter. I'm running TrackIR Pro which is fully updated, I've activated the Plug-in for Orbiter and checked the virtual cockpit box in the congiguration menu etc. I've also changed the hotkeys as advised and still no movement in the sim.

Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I've run TrackIR on all my other flight sims and never had any problems before.

Many thanks in advance,
Gary
VincentG

Re: Orbiter problems

Post by VincentG »

Is the blue light on the TrackIR turning on at all?
Apogee02UK

Post by Apogee02UK »

Yeah, sorry, I should have mentioned that the light is present and correct and responds to the hotkeys (Well the 'pause' button works at any rate).

I'm also using a fresh install of the relevant Orbiter version.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

have you tried enabling the TrackIR in other modes, i.e. 2d cockpit, external view, and see if it effects the view in those modes as well?

What profile is loading in the TrackIR software when Orbiter launches?
Apogee02UK

Post by Apogee02UK »

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

Yes, I've tried just about every variation of mode in the configuration menu.

I've tried running it with a new custom made Orbiter profile and older profiles with the hot keys adjusted...no luck.

My TrackIR device functions properly with my other flight sims so I'm running out of ideas.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

When the oribiter software is running, and you switch to the TrackIR software to look at the profiles list, it will have a "Current Game" listed on the Main tab.

What game is listed here?

Either Orbiter 2006 or Orbiter 2006 Plug-in
Apogee02UK

Post by Apogee02UK »

Yes! Success at at last!

You were quite right...the current game was marked as 'None' which led me in the direction of an update. I was absolutely CONVINCED I was up to date with these,(My TrackIR software WAS up to date - 4.1.028)but clearly a 'game specific' update was required. A short download later and I'm in business. FULL vector support too!

Obviously, I feel really foolish about this, , but I assumed the plug-in was the issue and didn't realise there needed to be a seperate Game update too. It wasn't made too clear in the Orbiter section of your website unless the phrase 'After running the Orbiter.exe file' is the relevant one. Sorry, but not being too aux fait with computerese I took this as meaning 'running the Orbiter software.'

Many thanks for your patience though. Excellent support for an excellent product!

Gary
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No issues, and glad I could help.