FSX Install

Gerabus

FSX Install

Post by Gerabus »

Sorry if this comes accross as me being dumb

I installed the latest driver to include fsx, support. The fsx beta, shows in my profiles. I highlight this, start fsx, but I do not have my TIR4, active in the 3d cockpit. What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Gerry
mpl330

Re: FSX Install

Post by mpl330 »

Getting same issue (not working in FSX) plus hanging on exit with 29-a-3 drivers - sorry guys
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Gerabus -

Have you run the game list update?

What kind of TrackIR are you using?

Does the blue TrackIR enhanced light come on?

mpl330 -

Does this happen with all applications?

Are you ending the "game" software first then the TrackIR software, or the other way around?

Looking at your task manager, right click on the TrackIR. exe file and tell me what the priority is set to.

In the TrackIR folder, default install C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4, in the profiles folder. what is the file size for the profiles listed here.
MadMonty

Post by MadMonty »

Hello!

I�ve the same problem - TrackIR and FSX are not working together...

I have TrackIR 3 with Vector, the 29a3-driver and everything else with the newest drivers.

The TrackIR never responds to the FSX-Software, the blue LED stays off all the time. The green LED is on, but i even cant switch the TrackIR on / off by pressing F9.

I never had such problems, TrackIR was alway working fine and still does on other programs, e.g. FS2004...

The TrackIR-Software is running under normal priority in the task-manager.

Hope someone has an answer....
Kerberos

Post by Kerberos »

Hi everybody. It's my first post here.

I'm in the same situation like Mad Monty. I've TrackIr3 Pro with Vector.
Bought FSX, downloaded and installed latest 29a3 drivers. Ok with other games (GTR2, Il-2 etc...) but no life signs with FSX. No blue led on the device, nothing of nothing. The TIR panel shows "Current game: none" when FSX is open.

Hope it will be solved soon. Thanks in advance.
LoneFlyer

Post by LoneFlyer »

Hello everybody, it's my first time here.

I have the same problems here. Installed the latest alpha 3 driver. Blue light is on but no response in fsx. It works perfect in fs2004. reinstalled fsx twice, reinstalled trackir, changed usb port now it's direct connected (no hub), uninstalled fs2004. But nothing worked.
The trackir program is recognizing fsx and the blue light is on and the hotkeys are working. But fsx will not react to it.
I've got trackir 4 and fsx deluxe.

I hope that somebody wil have a solution.

Greetz
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are any of you using an anti virus program?

Pop-up blocker software?

Firewall software?

What type of internet connection are you using?
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

I am using trackIR Pro 3 with vector expansion , and the latest drivers are working with the FSX de luxe retail version.
However, I have noticed this - If I start trackir on start up, and then go to stop certain programmes running - firewall, AV etc in the taskbar, before loading FSX to play it ( offline, of course ) - I get those programmes ( processes )taking a while to stop. They actually stop immediately if track ir is not started.
So I ask - is trackir having a slowing effect on the FSX sim itself- many find it has poor FPS.
Can your final drivers be better, Vincent?

But back to trackir not working. I downloaded the alpha drivers . Unplugged the trackir. Ran the drivers and uninstalled the previous version when asked, including all parts of it when asked.
then installed the new drivers.
Then re plugged the trackIR USB into the machine.

Blue light doesn't always work.

Make sure you are using virtual cockpit, setting it as default in the settings.

HTH
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Well, there seems that there can be some issues with FSX and certain protocols on individual systems. We are currently looking into it, and hope to have some answers in the near future.
LoneFlyer

Post by LoneFlyer »

I'm using McAfee security, ie7 (pop-up blocker), and a fast dsl connection.

Disabled the McAfee, stopped a couple of start-up programs. But nothing helped.

I don't understand why the pop-up blocker can be a problem, and what my internet connection has to do with it?

Can't I change a config file in fsx or something to switch it on.
While fsx is running my head preview in the trackir program is working oke with the flight profile.

Greetz