True View?

Mace2004

Re: True View?

Post by Mace2004 »

Moving up/down is normal regardles of whether trueview is on or off.

With trueview OFF Left/right, forward/aft, up/down, and rotate are all correct. My translations are always relative to the direction I'm looking.

With trueview ON my translation axis are referenced to the centerline of the aircraft. If I move left my virtual head will move to the left side of the aircraft regardless of what direction I'm looking so if I'm looking aft and move my head to the left my virtual head moves to the right (which of course is the left side of the plane). If I'm looking aft and move my head forward my virtual head will move toward the nose of the plane instead of closer to the headrest.

My rotation works fine regardless of whether or not trueview is on. I turn my head left and the view rotates left. I look up and the view rotates up. No problems with this, it's just when I move on one of the translation axis.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Very strange, it sounds like it just works really strange on your system.
Snivly

Post by Snivly »

re AH

Got used to it myself though there is a difference if you select use trackir in the view preferences.

I am using the 29 and I find it does allow a bit more natural movement . What I find though is that I had to reset quite a few of my previous settings.
Where I have found problems is with certain aircraft I run into blocks which prevent me from looking up in a normal way <?> .Some AC seem to be better setup ie the zeke or p47 while the FM2 or 109 seems to block the motions.

Snivly
Mace2004

Post by Mace2004 »

Yeah, I tried AH's "TrackIR Object Relative Movement" option. With my system and .028 and TrackIR ON it locks the translation axis to the aircraft centerline. When I load .029 (trueview ON) and the AH TrackIR option is OFF, .029 locks it to centerline. With .029 (trueview ON) AND the TrackIR option ON the translation axis are locked to the view direction. Seems strange.

I also noted as you have that .029 does, for some reason, seem more "natural" but I can't put my finger on why. Another thing I've noticed is that my profile, which is pretty aggressive, does not command as much movement with .029. In other words, I have to turn much further in order to check six. I've been trying to sort out this translation axis thing and .029 isn't exactly stable so haven't played with it much more but I plan on doing another profile to see if I can get the response I like.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Also look at the new version of the build 29 software that we just posted.

It can be found here......

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06- ... nuals.html
Snivly

Post by Snivly »

29 B
hmm smooth real smooth

its better

A few checks in AH2 and it really is like your head is in the plane.

Nice work, may have to adjust up down a bit but nothing major.

Snivly
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Good news....