beta4 software

Rossco

Re: beta4 software

Post by Rossco »

G'day Vincent,

Have installed the latest drivers & unfortunately have to say I find these still a problem. Whenever I look down the view still rotates & locks looking at the seat squab.
Also when I lean forward & look to the side (as when turning in the circuit) my view seems to be up near the ceiling of the aircraft - far too high. Then as I move back the position remains high before eventually snapping back to where it should be. Not the Track IR Iv'e been enjoying for some time now I'm afraid.
Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ross
ustahl

Post by ustahl »

Installed the new Beta 4 driver for my TIR 3 Pro Vector/TrackHat but was sadly disappointed because of a gross drop of fps in IL2/FB.

I've been on the Alpha 3 lately, and now trying this new Beta 4 gave me abt. 20 fps less() in a test mission I use for comparing drivers, settings etc. With Alpha 3 I got abt 50 fps, Beta 4 gave me 25-30 fps only. I couldn't believe it at first, but when I re-installed the Alpha 3 driver I was back at abt 50 fps.

Did not test the Beta 4 with FS9, FSX or Lomac FC, but due to my IL2/FB result I see no option but sticking to the Alpha 3 which is OK in my other apps as well.

Cheers
Uffe
Schnurx

Post by Schnurx »

This sounds really bad
I don't think, there should be such a drop in fps.
Can you check, if you have V-Sync on or off ?
Maybe there is only a small loss of fps by TIR directly, but enough that you fell info the "V-sync halfes the fps" trap ?
Try it with VSync off and check if the framerate is still that low.
Derek_D

Post by Derek_D »

Nooooo! I'm sorry to report that the issue with looking down has NOT been resolved with this beta. It may even be worse now.

I'll try to remain patient but I'm not really looking forward to another month of waiting for this to be resolved.
Dizz

Post by Dizz »

The only reason at this point to be even using the beta drivers is for FSX and if you intend to immediately purchase the new headset clip. If you aren't using Flight Simulator X, the 28 drivers are still rock solid. I may just shelve FSX for a while until all these bugs get chased out...in the program and all the 3rd party supporting sw and hardware.
ustahl

Post by ustahl »

Schnurx, Vsync off all the time. I didn't change any settings when switching between alpha3 and beta4 drivers and back to alpha3, so it must be the beta4 driver. This beta4 supports the upcoming TrackClip(?) gadget, so maybe this new property is causing my loss of fps.
Anyway, glad to be back on fast alpha3, although I wonder what will happen with drivers after beta4.

Uffe
lion737

Post by lion737 »

I get the error message: no valid win32 application
whenever i click on the beta4.exe

I could install version 28 without problems. I tried that
on 3 !!! different computers (WinXP SP2).

Any ideas ????

Thanks Juergen
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Sounds like a corruption in the file download. There have been reports of the Nvidia downloader app causing issues with the downloaded file.

As for the people having issue looking down, please send me screen images of the TrackIR tracking screen when the issue occurs.
Mace2004

Post by Mace2004 »

Installed Beta 4 yesterday and, for the most part everything works very well in Aces HighII. No frame rate drops, good tracking (with one exception) and have sorted out some issues with the translation axis. I run with both Trueview and AH's "TrackIR Object Relative Move" off. This gives me the correct view oriented translation axis while giving me the new motion algorythms (i.e., pivot at the neck vice the center of the head). The one problem is the same as some others have mentioned, that is when looking down for more than a couple of seconds my view switches to directly down at the seat pan. A quick recenter cures the problem but this is something definently not seen in previous software.
IMM22

Post by IMM22 »

Just installed the new beta 4 driver. But.. It didn't work, the device don't turn on, the blur led is blinking.

for some reason my windows XP SP2 won't accept the new USB driver for the device. maybe that's the reason for the malfunction.

Did some of you experience this problem?

Thanks