Beta 4 went Final ??

VincentG

Re: Beta 4 went Final ??

Post by VincentG »

Nightflight

Post by Nightflight »

Video sent... it's about 4 Meg in .wmv format and shows the tracking screen and the heads screen.

N.F.
kenstallings

Post by kenstallings »

4.1.029 - Final
(moved out of public beta phase November 30, 2006)

No changes from Beta 4
Words cannot adequately explain my shock when I read this. No changes from Beta 4 means you've practically ignored tons of valuable customer feedback. At this point, if you don't fix the broken neck syndrome I consider your company has done us very, very wrong.

Essentially, we choose between a properly functioning device or support for FS-X -- because right now, there is no properly functioning Natural Point device for FS-X, and the flaws present in this version affect all applications that use the device.

This is not good, gentlemen.

Ken
flygirl

Post by flygirl »

4.1.029 - Final
(moved out of public beta phase November 30, 2006)

No changes from Beta 4
Words cannot adequately explain my shock when I read this. No changes from Beta 4 means you've practically ignored tons of valuable customer feedback. At this point, if you don't fix the broken neck syndrome I consider your company has done us very, very wrong.

Essentially, we choose between a properly functioning device or support for FS-X -- because right now, there is no properly functioning Natural Point device for FS-X, and the flaws present in this version affect all applications that use the device.

This is not good, gentlemen.

Ken
I am afraid, I must agree with Ken. In FsX, I keep having to reinstall this simconnect program to have it work at all and even when it does it is not nearly as smooth as it is in Fs9 AND it slows my machine down making FsX really not worth playing. I do appreciate that FsX at the moment is very buggy. I would of understood you not finalizing the drivers for awhile. But, by finalizing them you have essentially said most everything is fine. Is that really true?

Flygirl
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Here are several reasons for the finalization of the drivers....

1 - We are currently working on several other additions to the TrackIR software, which needed a finalized version of the TrackIR software to work from.

2 - We have been hard pressed to reproduce the look down issue in any of our test configurations.

3 - Out of more than 8000 downloads of the software, the issue has only been reported in a handful of cases, and some of those were resolved with a clean install of the software.

The issue is not being taken lightly, and is still being looked into, but we needed to move the drivers into a finalized stage to allow continued work on new additions and refinements of the software.

As for the SimConnect issues, within FSX,this is something that Microsoft will need to address; as this is not soemthing that we have any control over.
Nightflight

Post by Nightflight »

Just a note... I purchased the TrackClip Pro and tried to find the "TrackClip PRO" setting on the motion tab of the profile editing screen. It wasn't there. Weird, becasue I could have sworn that I downloaded and installed the Final 29 version.

Anyway, I redownloaded the version and did a complete uninstall/reinstall. The "TrackClip PRO" setting appeared normally.

I'm thinking that something wasn't clean in my original reinstall. Even though the TrackIR "help/about TrackIR" reported the right version before, maybe something didn't quite sit correctly with it.

Anyway, the TrackClip Pro seems to work well with better accuracy and more useful range of head motion than with the hat clip. After many tries I was unable to produce the problem I saw with the hat (and captured in the video I sent in.)

I don't know what's happening with the install but if you go to your profiles screen and don't see the TrackClip PRO option under the motions tab then you may still have the "un-final" beta running somehow.

Hope this helps...

N.F.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Good tip, thanks for the input.
kenstallings

Post by kenstallings »

Vincent,

With respect, I suspect that Natural Point is under estimating the scope of this "broken neck" bug. In the interest of providing Natural Point a better level of feedback I have asked folks I know who are experiencing the problem to log in to this thread and add their comments.

One other issue is that your company provided a patch to correct a registry issue. This patch was required before my computer recognized the device and allowed it to function.

If we do this complete uninstallation and install the finalized software, do we need to reapply this registry patch? I think folks need a bit more guidance here than a simple advisory to uninstall and re-install.

Cheers,

Ken
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The registery patch would sometimes resolve an issue that people were having that was caused by a glitch in the system registry. It wouldn't allow the TrackIR unit to be seen, due to the issue of windows seeing the driver, and not redecting it on the system.

The uninstall, reinstall instructions are for a clean install of the TrackIR software in general.