New Trackir pro4 user, small problem, need help

SVoyager

Re: New Trackir pro4 user, small problem, need help

Post by SVoyager »

interresting. Can you tell me exactly what you uninstalled. There are a few usb items listed there but if you can tell me exactly wich one you deleted, ill be able to check on my end.

Thanks
SVoyager

Post by SVoyager »

I went ahead and deleted just all usb related items and let windows redetec. Same problem again.

Its quite weired, i dont really understand this one. I tried on my 3rd pc, wich has windows xp and its not telling anything about usb2.0

However, if you checked the screenshot i provided www.svoyager.com/files/nogo.jpg

On that XP machine i just tried, it still goes in a usb/root_hub, not in a usb/root_hub20. This is very strange and im actually wondering if this really does designate a usb2.0 or not hub.

On my computer that shows the problem, this one, i have my wireless adapter wich is listed in the usb/root_hub20 (i know this adapter requires usb2) and evrything else is in the usb/root_hub (mouse, keyboard and joystick. My joystick is very old so this one is usb1, mouse and keyboard is relativly new but maybe they dont need usb2).

Anyways, does the usb/root_hub and usb/root_hub20 designation actually mean a usb 2.0 hub and usb 1.1 hub or is it totally not related?

hamselv can you check the properties of the hub the trackir4 is connected and in the information tab, check if its saying usb/root_hub or usb/root_hub20

thx for the help
SV
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Generally, it just mean what protocol is being used by the USB device.
SVoyager

Post by SVoyager »

Care to be a bit more precise. In the end, the question is, is it an accurate method to determine if its at 2.0 or 1.1?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No, it is not an accurate method of determining the capabilities of the USB hub in general.
SVoyager

Post by SVoyager »

Ok, well anyways, trackir is nice the way it is, was only hoping for a bit faster response time with this.

Maybe when i'll have my system reinstalled in a few weeks it might fix itself out.

Till then, i'll do some reading about usb protocols and evrything related to it, might get a few detailed explenations on the problem.
Razor

Post by Razor »

I'm having the same issue as Svoyager on this. I got my track IR the other day and it was giving me the same "hi-speed" garbage. I have Windows XP-sp2 and all the patches to it. I've plugged the Track IR into everything but my external Hub and no difference. I have USB 2.0 enabled in my bios. Not sure what the problem is. The track IR itself seems to be running fine, but I don't have a benchmark to comapre it to, so I don't know if I'm getting slower response due to this or not. It has managed to crash a few times thus far when I'm playing F4-AF. Not sure why.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What type of motherboard are you running?

Chipset?
Razor

Post by Razor »

Alienware put the computer together,

Motherboard is ASUS A8N-SLI Basic NFORCE4 MB

Chipset is ATHLON 64 4000 E 1mb Cache 939-PIN Processor

Windows XP pro SP2 with latest patches.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You are running this chipset version?