Track IR - NEW Feature Request

Heyvern

Track IR - NEW Feature Request

Post by Heyvern »

I have a NEW Feature Request, for a new OPTION in all future versions of the Track IR software.

First, the explanation of my problem:

In FS9/2004, Track IR works in the 3D cockpit, but when I switch to an external view, the Track IR unit doesn't control the view anymore. I actually LIKE THIS ! ! !

My problem is that in FS X, Track IR works in both the 3D cockpit AND the external view. I don't like that! I dislike having Track IR shift my view in the external aircraft view, although I'm certain that at least a few other people probably love it.

So, what I want to know is . . . . Is it possible to disable Track IR in the external FS X view, just like it does in FS9?

In fact, in ALL my flight simulations, I *LOVE* to use Track IR inside the cockpit, but I absolutely ***HATE*** using track IR in the external views.

I prefer my external view(s) to be stable, until I manually rotate the view(s) with a joystick hat switch. So my "NEW FEATURE REQUEST" is . . . can you PLEASE make it a REGULAR OPTION of track IR, for the user to choose whether they want track IR to work in external views?

THANK YOU!

-Vern
San Diego, CA
kevin

Re: Track IR - NEW Feature Request

Post by kevin »

Hello,

You can always pause the TrackIR. By default the F9 key is set to be pause. You can edit this in in the Profile/Hot Keys tab.

Best,
Kevin
Heyvern

Post by Heyvern »

Thanks. Actually I already do this, but I don't like it because it's an extra keypress, where-as in FS9 . . . it just works right without me having to constantly turn it on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off (I switch views a LOT) :-)

And some of my sims, like Commanche vs. Hokum, it works correctly also. In cockpit I get TIR, and outside views it's off.

Can you PLEASE consider adding an OPTION in the Track IR SETUP for this, so I don't have to keep turning it on and off every time I switch views.

It would be fantastic if we could have a "TIR off in external views" OPTION in the SETUP !!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!! !!! !!! !!! !!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Unfortunately, I think it is an issue that Microsoft whould have to deal with, but I will run it by the development team.
Heyvern

Post by Heyvern »

Thanks! (Irregardless of whether it's possible or not, it's GREAT to see that NaturalPoint is still considering suggestions and input from the flight sim community).
evilc

Post by evilc »

how about you set the key for enable trackIR to the same key as you use to select external view?
Or make a macro to hit both?
I don't think it would be possible to do what you are asking without having to change the game code, as I doubt the trackIR is aware of what view mode you are in, it is simply telling the game where you are looking at all times when on.
Therefore, it is up to the game what to do with the trackIR data - you need to ask the game maker to change the behaviour or include an option - else use the disable trackIR workaround.
nibloi

Post by nibloi »

Hi all, it probably goes without saying but if you do go ahead with this can you make it optional.

You'll probably find just as many people would rather you didn't take away functionality!

Cheers,

Ian
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If it can be done on our end, I'm sure it would only be an optional item.