Flight X

westwood

Flight X

Post by westwood »

How do I get the trackir 4 to work. I have it running and minimized, lights are on, but not working in the game. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted?? I've tried F9 and F12 and nothing happens. I works fine for RFactor and GTR but not for the flight sim. What am I doing wrong??
VincentG

Re: Flight X

Post by VincentG »

Are you refering to FSX?

The blue light is activated, when you have a flight going?

Do you have any firewall/antivirus software installed?
westwood

Post by westwood »

Yes, Microsoft Flight Sim X Deluxe.

Blue light is on when flight is going.

Mcafee running.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Many new Flight Simulator add-on products connect to Flight Simulator X (FSX) via the new SimConnect Application Programming Interface (API). When you run FSX with an add-on installed, some non-Microsoft firewall and antivirus applications (such as ZoneAlarm) may detect that FSX is attempting to make a network connection and display a dialog asking you to allow or block this connection.

This �network connection� is necessary for the add-on to connect with FSX. It�s a local connection between the add-on and FSX (via a network localhost/127.0.0.1 connection), and does not involve a connection to the Internet. Be assured: FSX is not trying to send personal data about you through the Internet.

Note that Microsoft Windows Firewall will not exhibit this behavior. It will, however, alert you if an add-on is actually trying to access the Internet.

In order for your FSX add-on to work properly with FSX you MUST allow this connection to be made. If you do not allow the connection to be made, the add-on you are trying to run (and all subsequent add-ons that connect to FSX through the SimConnect API) will not work properly.

Some non-Microsoft firewall and antivirus applications will block this "localhost" connection between an add-on and FSX automatically, without any notification. In this case, you must configure the firewall or antivirus application to include both FSX and the add-on (specifically, the fsx.exe file and the addon's .exe file, if it has one) in the list of �trusted exceptions.� If this is not done, the add-on will not work properly with FSX. Please refer to the documentation for your specific firewall or antivirus application for details on how to add programs to the list of trusted exceptions.
westwood

Post by westwood »

It did ask to connect to the internet and I allowed it to do so. What view do I need to be in or does it matter? Do I need to change the keyboard hotkeys to accept the trackir?
Confused.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

There should be a setting within your firewall software to allow for FSX to use the local host address of 127.0.0.1 ...

The blue light on the TrackIR indicates that our software is talking to part of FSX, and that it is working. The issue is with some 3rd party firewall/antivirus software preventing FSX from "talking" to itself with an internet protocol. At this point that is what is causing the issue.
westwood

Post by westwood »

I'll check my firewall settings.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Let me know how it goes.....
westwood

Post by westwood »

I set my firewall software to allow for FSX to use the local host address of 127.0.0.1 .

Still nothing. The blue light is on, but F9 does nothing.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, one thing to try....

1 - Uninstall your firewall software

2 - Test FSX, and see if it starts functioning

3 - Reinstall the firewall software

4 - Retest FSX.