Flight X

westwood

Re: Flight X

Post by westwood »

I uninstalled the firewall software and tested the Flight sim and it still doesn't work. All the lights are on and it shows that it's tracking but the display stays the same.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, one step to try�.

1 - Delete the following file folder

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

2 - Insert the FSX CD, and run the repair utility. Basically we are looking to reinstall the folder.

3 - Hopefully this should remedy the issue.

Please let me know if this helps.
westwood

Post by westwood »

Moved the file SimConnect.dll to my desktop and ran flight sim repair utility. Tried the game but still no tracking and the blue light was off. Checked the x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator file to see if the driver was returned in the repair process and it wasn't. I moved the dll back to the file and the blue light goes on as before but still no tracking.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

1 - the dll file isn't reinstalled in the repair process if the folder is still installed in the install path, so just removing the file without deleteing the folder will not cause FSX to reinstall it.

If the blue light is activating during a flight, then the trackIR software talking to SimConnect, and the issue is with the communication between the simconnect portion of FSx and FSX itself.

So you uninstalled the firewall and antivirus software?
westwood

Post by westwood »

Yes, I had changed my firewall settings as per your instructions and then uninstalled the firewall and antivirus software completly but have since reinstalled it. Why does it work with other games ie. RFactor and GTR2 ect. and not with this? This is becoming a big waste of time and money.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Well FSX does things differently than other applications. Like I was saying before, the blue light indicates that we are talking to the sim connect portion of FSX, but the breakdown comes into play, when FSX is trying to talk to itself. Which it does across the TCP/IP protocol.
westwood

Post by westwood »

OK, so what do I need to do? I'm at my wits end.
nibloi

Post by nibloi »

Your problem sounds more like a network problem than a TrackIR problem. You might want to check out this Microsoft bulletin about these kind of issues. Particularly paragraph 5.

http://www.fsinsider.com/Community/News ... Or-Not.htm

I personally know very little about these networky things but I hear it's possible for things like routers and virus scanners to block network activity.

Certainly last weekend I found that a setting deep inside McAffee Virus Scan was allowing network traffic one way between two PCs but not the other.

Frustrating, but it just goes to show the culprit isn't always that obvious. It's probably worth considering that if you do have a network problem it may show up as problems with other third party software too. Did you try FSUIPC4, FSCommander or any of the add-ons that talk to FSX through Simconnect?

Anyway, good luck with the problem. Don't forget to post the solution when you get it. Someone else may suffer the same misery as you and be grateful you did.

All the best

Ian
westwood

Post by westwood »

Fresh reinstall of both the game and the trackir software as well as disabled both windows and mcafee firewalls. No change. Blue light is on and it shows as tracking but the in-game view doesn't move.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You may need to more than disable Mcafee, try uninstalling it....... for testing purposes.