TrackIR(4) and FSX behavior

Dirk98

TrackIR(4) and FSX behavior

Post by Dirk98 »

Hello, guys. Having some problems or new behavior of FSX when TrackIR is engaged. In FSX I'm not able anymore to adjust my Eyepoint position (for example, Up or Down) in VC view with TrackIR engaged. Whereas in FS9 it is very convenient to adjust it in small increments, a little higher or little lower, depending on your current eyepoint position. I have these Eyepoint functions programmed to my throttle HAT (CH) and use it quite often when flying in FS9. Very comfortable small dimensional aid. It does not conflict with TrackIR whatsoever. whereas in FSX you cant move left or right, higher or lower with TIR as I've said. Really sorry to loose this comfortable feature with transition to FSX. Is there anything I can unlock in FSX to have it back?

Thanks.
VincentG

Re: TrackIR(4) and FSX behavior

Post by VincentG »

It has to do with the way that FSX is setup to control the view with simconnect. If it detects the TrackIR unit, then it will not allow seat adjustments.
soldano

Post by soldano »

I tried loading FSX without TIR4 running, and then adjust the viewpoint, but when loading TIR4 it resets to some default position I dont know how to modify.-
Isnt yet any solution to this problem ?.- It is rather unconfortable and one of the reasons I still use FS9.-
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Well, you can either adjust your sitting position before resetting the view, or you can also edit the aircraft config file to adjust the starting viewpoint within the cockpit.
soldano

Post by soldano »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]Well, you can either adjust your sitting position before resetting the view, or you can also edit the aircraft config file to adjust the starting viewpoint within the cockpit. [/quote]

I dont understand what you mean by: "adjust my sitting position before resetting the view".-
I adjust my position with TIR4 paused,or even not yet launched, and when unpaused or launched, TIR4 resets it always to default.-
Thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

i.e. - You can sit up in the chair, recenter the view, then resume your normal sitting position, and your view is now slightly down (within the cockpit)
soldano

Post by soldano »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]i.e. - You can sit up in the chair, recenter the view, then resume your normal sitting position, and your view is now slightly down (within the cockpit) [/quote]

Thanks, that works.