Another FSX SP1 problem - TrackIR does not see FSX

triangle

Another FSX SP1 problem - TrackIR does not see FSX

Post by triangle »

Hi

Running FSX SP1 on Win XP SP2. My TrackIR no longer sees FSX (no blue light etc). It worked until today, when I set up the newly released ActiveSky X SimConnect to allow me to run ActiveSky on a client computer.

I have done all the fixes I have read - deleted the two SimConnect folders, uninstalled SP1, reinstalled, repaired FSX, installed the SimConnect client from the SDK (SP1a), run the registry fix, uninstalled TrackIR and deleted the folder etc. None have worked.

Any advice?

Thanks

Andrew
triangle

Re: Another FSX SP1 problem - TrackIR does not see

Post by triangle »

Ok - found the source of the problem but don't know how to fix it.

I read up on TrackIR and found that it needs to connect to the localhost on 127.0.0.1. I realised that, possibly, the SimConnect XML file (which requires an IP destination for my server, which is the machine I run TrackIR and FSX on and sets the IP as 192.168.0.200) (my LAN address for this machine) might be causing the problem so I removed the file from the folder, ran FSX and TrackIR works fine.

Problem, of course, is that I can't use the SimConnect client without that file in its folder so its TrackIR or Simconnect but not both ... any ideas on how to resolve this apparent conflict?

Thanks

Andrew
triangle

Post by triangle »

Right, fixed it with some help from the HiFi Simulation guys - simply added another comm section to my SimConnect.xml file (for 127.0.0.1) and set this to local while changing the comm section for 192.168.0.200 (for ASX) to global. Everything fine now.

Andrew
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Sounds good....
Jorgensen

Post by Jorgensen »

Could someone please cut this out in paperboard so I can understand it ?

Thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you running FSX from a remote system, or connecting to a remote system?

Paperboard?
triangle

Post by triangle »

FSX is running on my main machine but ActiveSky X, which is managing my in-game weather, is running on another machine (the 'client') and is using the SimConnect protcol (which is part of FSX) to connect and talk to FSX. This is the same protocol as used by TrackIR to communicate with FSX.

Problem was, the file I use to tell my main machine that it is the server and not the client was interfering with TrackIR by giving it the wrong IP address to talk to. I changed the file to let TrackIR know the right IP address while still allowing FSX to talk to the client.

Hope that is a little easier to understand.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I think we are dealing with 2 seperate issues.....
ny_chief

Post by ny_chief »

Guys
Stiil having the same issue TIR does not work in FSX does not see it as enhanced and does nothing in FSX at all tried the simconnect idea running all on one mcahine P-4 3.2 gig 2 gig 533 ram geforce 6800gt. Works perfectly with FS 9.1 and CFS3. Any ideas help
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Have you tried a clean install of FSX?