TrackIR4 inactive after "waking" computer

BBandyRFC

TrackIR4 inactive after "waking" computer

Post by BBandyRFC »

Every time I put my WinXP unit to sleep, when I wake it, the TrackIR camera does not turn back on, and software says that it is not receiving data. I have to reboot each time to get the camera to turn on.

Is there a manual way to restart the camera after it shuts down without rebooting?

BTW, I've searched here for threads using keywords etc. but am getting zero results for each search, which can't be right...
Catch22

Re: TrackIR4 inactive after "waking" computer

Post by Catch22 »

Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?

In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Ditto, what Catch22 had to say....

on the search item - make sure that you change the time frame, which defaults to 1 week. This trips me up several times a month, as I forget to expand the search time frame.......
BBandyRFC

Post by BBandyRFC »

Hi Vincent,
Sorry it took a while to get back here.
I looked in Device Manager and the USB power save feature was disabled. It is disabled on all hubs for that matter.

I poked around in the Device Manager settings for the hub I have the TIR4 camera on (it is connected directly to my computer, no intermediate) and it draws less power than the hub capacity, so no issue there either.

I DID manage to get the camera to initialize once (after waking the computer) by checking the status of the device thru Device Manager, but have not been able to since.

Is the camera unit defective? I have to restart the OS each time to get it to work after waking the computer...

Thanks.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No the camera is not defective - the issue is that somewhere there is a setting that is powering down the USB port, and not fully powering it up, until you reboot.

Have you looked in the system bios for power saving features on the USB ports?