Hey guys,
OS XPs2
the programs im running are as follow

Steam
Fraps
Zonealarm (no AV or Spam)
Nvidia Driver 6.14.11.6921 had no conflicts with this driver before
TeamSpeak

i just re-installed windows so i can definatley say this is all that is on the machine.

Having some major problems. My trackIr 4 has been running smoothly for over a year now until yesterday. What happens is i cant get the software to display in the taskbar. I have changed USB's over, un-installed and re-installed everyway possible. If i leave the unit un-pluged the software will start but tells me the unit is not connected which is correct, then when i connect the unit the screen will just hang. I can Alt-Tab-Del and i will see the software in the task manager but not in the task bar. when i click on the icon it goes to start but nothing. i saw in another thread about having a large default file but that is not the case with me. nothing over 4KB there. the unit itself has a red light that stays on and a blue light that flashes every now and then. Any advice as it really has me stumped.
cheers
glen
glen73

Re: 4.1.0.30 finalB not working

Post by glen73 »

just tried it on my laptop asus f3sc, still no luck. laptop is running vista buisness 32bit. the software starts this time but does not reconize the unit. this is after windows does reconize and install teh drivers. i have adjusted both usb power saving features on both computers to no avail. It seems the unit itself is in power conserving mode and will not be awaken. any help please?
cheers
glen
glen73

Post by glen73 »

hello, after more testing while waiting for a response i discovered that if i disable the unit via device manager i can start and run the software and use all the tabs etc etc, while the software is running i enable the unit once again and the software stops responding straight away. This happens on seperate machines so im quite sure this unit has become faulty.

what do i do now?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Please send the following info to support.......

What is the Serial # of the device?
It should be located on the end of the cable, near the USB plug, or on the underside of the device.

Nature of the issue.....

Could you send us a copy of the Setupapi.log file?
It should be located in the C:\Windows folder

Have you tried the device on another system?

Are you plugging in directly to the system, or are you using a hub?

Have you tried isolating the device on the USB ports?

Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?

In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Root Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.

Could you attach a screen shot of your Device Manager (showing USB), and tracking screen (TrackIR software -> View -> Tracking)?

To make Print Screen work, you must save an image of what's displayed on-screen to the clipboard and then paste it into a document where it can be printed.

Windows Help: Print Screen

To do this, follow this procedure:

1. Maximize the window you'd like to capture.
2. To copy/capture the current window, hold down ALT + Print Scrn at the same time. To capture the entire screen, just press Print Scrn alone.
3. Open a new document in MS Paint, MS Word, MS Photo Editor, or Adobe PhotoShop.
4. Paste the screen shot by holding down CTRL and V at the same time.
5. Save the document as a .JPG or .JPEG file and send it in.
glen73

Post by glen73 »

Serial No. 0xxxxxxx
Nature of problem: in my first 3 posts
Tried on different machines: same symptons
Setupapi: http://www.freespace.com.au/filehosting/875745
Heres an example of the program running in the task manager but not in the task bar.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What other TSR applications do you have running in the background?
glen73

Post by glen73 »

TSR, is that like popup programs? any way i have a screenie of all background programs running

VincentG

Post by VincentG »

They are also all the little icons, down by the clock......
glen73

Post by glen73 »

ok
Steam
RealTech HD audio
Fraps
Zonealarm
Logitech G-series keyboard profiler
Logitech profiler (g25)
Logitech game panel manager
Nvidia settings