TrackIR 4 + FSX SP2 no go?

Peekstra

TrackIR 4 + FSX SP2 no go?

Post by Peekstra »

I've been trying for two days now to get TrackIR 4 to work with FSX. I've read lots of forums entries and tried the following things:

Unplug the receiver and try a different USB port.

Uninstall SP2, SP1 , delete the simconnect folders from the winsxs folder and run a repair install to recreate these. To cut a LONG story short, the repair never installed these folders and I had to restore them from a backup. Still, no trackir.

I also tried installing the simconnect.msi from the SDK... that didn't work.

So in the end I reinstalled my Vista system. After installing FSX (and SP1) and trackir it worked... but... after installing SP2 Trackir again fails to see that FSX is loaded. :(

So how can I finally get TrackIR to work with FSX on my system? I need SP2 because on of my addon planes requires this.

thanks!
VincentG

Re: TrackIR 4 + FSX SP2 no go?

Post by VincentG »

Any add-on software installed?

Firewall/antivirus software installed?
Peekstra

Post by Peekstra »

Hi Vincent,

I'm happy to report that it's finally working now! :)

It was the simconnect fix which is necessary when you install ASX. I had already tried this before I reinstalled my computer so something else was then causing the problem.

After installing FSX + SP1 on my reinstalled PC, I installed SP2 and ASX thus causing the problem.

thanks!
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Okay then someone can perhaps help me :).

Same issue TrackIR 4 not working in FSX... I have it installed both in XP and in Vista trying XP now..
I run FSX and acceleration (does that install sp 2 automatically?)
No addons except for un unregistered copy of FSUIPC... That never caused a problem in FS9.

edit: now tried FSX Vista 64-bit same issue...