Track IR software error after 1 use (requires restart)

Firebird

Track IR software error after 1 use (requires restart)

Post by Firebird »

My system is a Core Duo, with Windows XP professional. I currently am having an issue where I can start TrackIR after a reboot of the computer, and it will work fine until I turn it off. If I want to use it again, I get the standard Microsoft error message and it says it needs to close. If I reboot the computer, it works fine..... Once. This is a recent problem as the unit has functioned flawlessly. I am not sure if it is the software (Naturalpoint), or the system. Has anyone had this issue before? BTW Current TrackIr software is 4.1.030.
VincentG

Re: Track IR software error after 1 use (requires restart)

Post by VincentG »

Nothing That I have heard of before......

Are you plugging in directly to the system, or are you using a hub?

Have you tried isolating the device on the USB ports?

Have you tried turn off any kind of power save feature for your USB ports?

In the "Device Manager" you can right click the "USB Root Hub"(s), that show, and then select properties. On the power management tab, uncheck the box that allows the computer to turn off the USB port to save power (i.e. uncheck the box). Sometimes that has an impact on the connectivity of the devices.

Any programs running in the background?

Any changes to the system recently?
Firebird

Re: Track IR software error after 1 use (requires restart)

Post by Firebird »

1. The unit is plugged directly to the usb on the motherboard. I have removed all devices and rebooted the computer and added them one at a time. I checked the device manager and disabled the box that allows the computer to turn off the usb port. I would note that every time the error occurs, DRWatson post mortem Debugger appears to open and error out immediately as well. I am leaning towards a software issue, just not sure what it would be. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software as well, with no changes. Just wondering if it was something that had happened before. Strange it always works the first time.