Track IR not working in FSX, OK in FS9

crispy136

Track IR not working in FSX, OK in FS9

Post by crispy136 »

Hi

I have both FS9 and FSX on my computer. Track IR4 runs in FS9 but won't recongise FSX. The blue light comes on when I load FS9 and load a flight, but stays off when I load FSX and load a flight. In FS9 the tracking works in FSX it doesn't work. Track IR software reports FS2004 loaded when FS9 in running but reports no game loaded when FSX is running.

I am running win XP SP2, FSX SP1 and Track IR 4.1 build 30.

How can I get Track IR working in FSX?

Thanks

Chris
crispy136

Re: Track IR not working in FSX, OK in FS9

Post by crispy136 »

All fixed now.

After my PC rebuild I had downloaded and installed the latest version per the recommendations on the Track IR website, rather than go for the old version I had been using before. But it appears that the latest version has some bugs that need to be ironed out. I uninstalled TrackIR_4.1.030.Final.B and reinstalled TrackIR_4.1.029.alpha.03 overwriting any newer files it found.

Everything is working now in both FS9 and FSX.
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

where can I find the alpha drivers? I also can�t use these with FSX
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What bugs are you refering to?

The differences between 29, and 30 are as follows......

Added Japanese language support
Improved tracking accuracy
Reduced memory usage
Vista support
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

Yes it�s apparently something else some people have it running with sp 2 and 30 b drivers...

Now I don�t know if there is something weird with my trackIR software... I have tried reinstalling it but I can never totally close it without going to processes and kill it that way... Now since it works for rFactor, Race 07, IL 2 and all other games that shouldn�t matter you think...
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Sounds like it isn't releasing the USB resources properly.

Tried moving USB ports, and turning off power saving?
ColinB

Post by ColinB »

I also did a system rebuild and reinstalled FSX! Now Track IR is not working with FSX (It used to work fine), it works ok with IL2-1946 but I dont want to reload FS9 or FSX again for that matter.

Please help somebody!!!

Shows no blue light when fsx running
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What OS are you using?

Any firewall/antivirus software installed?

Which version of the TrackIR software?
ColinB

Post by ColinB »

OS win xp s.pack2
FSX SP2 10.0.61472.0
Firewall Sygate personal 5.6
TrackIR TrackIR_4.1.030.Final.B.exe

all the same as previous (working) installation, before windwows re-install, which was on F:\ drive now on C:\ with all software including program files and including documents and settings
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Any add-on software installed?

Many new Flight Simulator add-on products connect to Flight Simulator X (FSX) via the new SimConnect Application Programming Interface (API). When you run FSX with an add-on installed, some non-Microsoft firewall and antivirus applications (such as ZoneAlarm) may detect that FSX is attempting to make a network connection and display a dialog asking you to allow or block this connection.

This �network connection� is necessary for the add-on to connect with FSX. It�s a local connection between the add-on and FSX (via a network localhost/127.0.0.1 connection), and does not involve a connection to the Internet. Be assured: FSX is not trying to send personal data about you through the Internet.

Note that Microsoft Windows Firewall will not exhibit this behavior. It will, however, alert you if an add-on is actually trying to access the Internet.

In order for your FSX add-on to work properly with FSX you MUST allow this connection to be made. If you do not allow the connection to be made, the add-on you are trying to run (and all subsequent add-ons that connect to FSX through the SimConnect API) will not work properly.

Some non-Microsoft firewall and antivirus applications will block this "localhost" connection between an add-on and FSX automatically, without any notification. In this case, you must configure the firewall or antivirus application to include both FSX and the add-on (specifically, the fsx.exe file and the add-on's .exe file, if it has one) in the list of �trusted exceptions.� If this is not done, the add-on will not work properly with FSX. Please refer to the documentation for your specific firewall or antivirus application for details on how to add programs to the list of trusted exceptions.