Camera no longer detected by software

kenstallings

Camera no longer detected by software

Post by kenstallings »

Vince,

Something has happened to my camera and I believe the chip may have shorted out. I installed a new printer/scanner and once verified its operation decided to disconnect an older scanner to discontinue its use. In the course of disconnecting the scanner's USB cable from the hub, I noticed several beeps from the O/S that was likely rapid power surges. During this time I felt the back of the camera at the area of the rear case behind the chip and noticed it was unusually hot despite the room being cool. Once it cooled off it has not gotten hot or even warm again.

After I disconnected the scanner's USB cable I noticed the O/S reporting that a USB device was not associated with its drivers. The camera is still displaying the red light on top and the blue light on bottom is cycling on for about a half second with five seconds off.

I have tried the recommened re-installation process outlined in your support files: disconnect camera, reboot, unplug all USB devices save mouse/keyboard, uninstall software, reboot twice, install software, reboot, connect camera. However, in all cases I point the O/S driver installer to the Naturalpoint driver folder and each time the installer reports that the camera cannot be installed. In Device Manager I see the yellow question mark splat.

If the camera is dead how can I go about getting a replacement? Should I just repurchase the package from a retail outlet?

Cheers,

Ken
VincentG

Re: Camera no longer detected by software

Post by VincentG »

Answered over the phone.......