Track IR4 software not loading after resume from sleep?

d.burnette

Track IR4 software not loading after resume from sleep?

Post by d.burnette »

I am running the Track IR4 Pro, with the latest release of the software, in Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Here lately, I have started to sleep my system,( S3 suspend to ram) rather than shut it down.

I have noticed, oftentimes after resuming from sleep, the Track IR software will not start up. I click the icon, and nothing happens, however if I go into task manager, I can see the trackir process running, in the processes tab. Nothing in the applications tab though. I have to pretty much reboot my system, to get my Track IR4 functioning properly again.

I have my Track IR4 plugged into a powered usb hub. Have no problem with the other devices plugged into the hub after waking up from sleep, so I know it is not the hub, seems to be something in the software perhaps?

Is this a known issue with the Track IR4 Pro in Vista Ultimate 64 bit? Anyone else run across this before? I was using it successfully, in the same usb hub, in XP Pro 32 bit and this was not occuring when I would resume from sleep.

Thanks for any help here, this kind of defeats my being able to sleep my system like I prefer, rather than completely shutting it down.
VincentG

Re: Track IR4 software not loading after resume from sleep?

Post by VincentG »

So the software is running before you go into sleep mode?
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

Yes, runs just fine. And after resuming from sleep, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. It will show the process running in the processes tab, but the software never launches.
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

Actually, perhaps I misread your reply - while the software ran fine before putting system to sleep, I shut the program down prior to putting it to sleep, so no the software is not actually running at the time I sleep the system.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

In the following folder location, C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4\Profiles, what is the file size for each profile?
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

I have 4 listed there, as follows:
Combat Flight = 2kb
Flight = 2kb
FSX = 4kb
Racing = 2kb
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Looking at the Device Manager, where is the TrackIR device listed?
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

Vincent,

Sorry for the delay, busy day.
The Track IR4 is listed in device manager, under Universal Serial Bus controllers, along wtih my Cougar flightstick, usb hub,etc.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

When going out of sleep mode, how long do you wait before restarting the software?
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

It varies,anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, but if it doesn't work after resuming from sleep, it won't work until after I do a reboot.
It appears to be the only thing I am having this problem with, and again, it does not happen in XP, only on my Vista Ultimate 64 bit install.