Unable to connect to FSX

walouigi

Unable to connect to FSX

Post by walouigi »

Hi there,
Today I was trying to load FSX and Trackir just don't recognize it at all.
The green light comes on, and nothing move.
I fave FSX with sp1 and 2 and SDK 1 and 2 as well.
Please advise what can I do to solve it.
My trackir version is 61317 it is trackir 4.
It is working ok with FS9
Thanks
Crewecut

Re: Unable to connect to FSX

Post by Crewecut »

In TIR find Profiles, choose Flight Simulator X from the list, right click it and Add to Favourites, hope it helps.
walouigi

Post by walouigi »

Hi There,
I will try that, as I was using the default profile "Flight"
I will look for the FSX and report back.
Thanks in advance
Walouigi
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What version of Windows are you running?

What version of the TrackIR software?
woody

Post by woody »

I'm having the same problem. It worked fine with the basic install for a long time. Then I installed SP1 and it broke TrackIR support. So installed Acceleration Pack with SP2 and it worked for a while. Then later that same day I went to fly it again and it wasn't working anymore. Green light is on and TrackIR4 is working, just not in FSX.

I have the latest TrackIR software, uninstalled and reinstalled FSX, still no luck. The frustrating thing is that it was working fine for a while then just stopped.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

What version of Windows are you running?

When reinstalling did you update to service pack 2?

Clean install of 4.1.036?

Remove the TrackIR software by doing the following:
a. Click "Start"
b. Click on the "Control Panel"
c. Click "Add/Remove Programs"
d. Find "TrackIR" and click "Change/Remove"
e. Once launched it will give the option to completely remove it.
f. Delete the NaturalPoint folder at the following location, C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint
g. Download and reinstall the software from the following location,
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06- ... nuals.html
woody

Post by woody »

I tried in both XP SP3 and Vista SP1, XP when it was working for a short while with FSX SP2. I did the clean install with the latest version to get it working the first time. I will try a clean install again.

And yes, installed all the way to SP2. FSX TrackIR support works fine as RTM with no service pack installed. It's the service packs that broke the TrackIR support for me.
Crewecut

Post by Crewecut »

Update graphics driver if you haven�t done that recently.
Could it be USB-driver issue? See if there�s a firmware driver update for your main board?!
I know the SP�s did it for you, but one can�t roule out the oddest interference in a PC, that�s my experience at least.
OH, and Vincent mentions in another post that a power save function for USB could cause a problem like that, if I�m not mistaking. Should be accessible in Device Manager.
woody

Post by woody »

[quote=Crewecut]Update graphics driver if you haven�t done that recently.
Could it be USB-driver issue? See if there�s a firmware driver update for your main board?!
I know the SP�s did it for you, but one can�t roule out the oddest interference in a PC, that�s my experience at least.
OH, and Vincent mentions in another post that a power save function for USB could cause a problem like that, if I�m not mistaking. Should be accessible in Device Manager. [/quote]
There is nothing wrong with the TrackIR in these cases. The device is up and running and functioning normally. The problem lies within FSX's ability to recognize it. This isn't a hardware issue. I'm going to reinstall the drivers for TIR and see if that helps.
woody

Post by woody »

I have managed to resolve my problems in Windows XP.

I uninstalled and reinstalled TrackIR but that failed to fix the problem.

I uninstalled Acceleration Pack and the entire FSX application including deleting all folders and deleting all folders in the C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS directory relating to flight simulator. I then also uninstalled the TrackIR software again and deleted the folder. Rebooted.

I then reinstalled FSX, applied SP1, and installed Acceleration Pack without running it. I then installed my addons. I then reinstalled the TrackIR software and rebooted.

I tested with all default settings before reloading my TrackIR profiles and I manually reset my FSX configurations from within the sim. Tested, rebooted, tested and all is working now.