View shaking in ArmA

Enforcer

View shaking in ArmA

Post by Enforcer »

Hi everyone

I have my TrackIR / Vector for 2 years now and changed my OS to Vista. So far i didn't have any problems.

Suddenly when i play ArmA even if i don't move my head or stay in any angle my in game view is shaking around like i am having convulsions ( i hope this is the right word to use ). It's weird, it worked fine the days before and suddenly it won't work correctly. I tried installing the new drivers, using different settings like light filter, blue LED etc. Nothing worked. Sometimes i don't have problems sometimes the problem happens randomly. I even changed the position of miy light source hoping it was only a reflection.

Nothing worked so far. I hope somebody has an idea, i don't want to spend another fortune on a new TrackIR device only to see that there wasn't a problem with my Tracker after all.
VincentG

Re: View shaking in ArmA

Post by VincentG »

When looking at the tracking screen, what do you see here?

Are you using the meatal TrackClip, or the TrackClip Pro?

Do you have the profiles set as vector, or TrackClip Pro?

Are you running both applications as an admin, with Vista?
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

- 3 green rectangles

- metal clip

- it is set to vector and trueview

- it's running on admin

What makes me wonder, why does it work one time and the other time not? And sometimes it works then a second later i have the problem then it disappears, i switched USB slots already.

I didn't change any drivers nor updated my OS. It suddenly happened 3 days ago. Maybe it's a Microsoft feature.

I dropped the tracker once ( top of monitor to the bottom of it ) and it broke the locking mechanism in the bottom but i fixed it and there was no problem with it, that was a long time ago anyway.

Is it normal that the tracker has a high temperature?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Yes, the device is designed to run warm.

Could the monitor be shaking a little?

Have you tried washing the clip, with some warm soapy water, could be some oil from your fingers, on the reflectors.

Any newly installed add-ons for ArmA?
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

The monitor is standing rock solid. No new addons, i have no idea how a new addon could affect an independant system anyway.

I could try washing the clip, there is no visible dirt though.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If it affecting the gaming view itself, this can effect the TrackIR as well.
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

Seems cleaning didn't work well. Lighting doesn't affect it either, it looked like that fisrt.
Looks more like a loose contact, it can't be the wire because it hasn't been moved like everyday.
Do the reflectors wear off?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Generally they do not, they somwetimes get oily, from peoples hands.
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

Reviving the thread with this video i uploaded.

Using TIR 4 with 5.05 software, tried both TrackClip Pro and the Vector Pro. Same bug with 4.xx software. Shaking is not axis related and independant of how far my head is out of center. Sometimes it happens to tilt to a full right view when i look full left or vice versa. I assume the system loses it's center?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you refering to the graphic issues that happen in the video at about 12 seconds into it?