TrackIr 4 device not detected, blue led flashing

VincentG

Re: TrackIr 4 device not detected, blue led flashing

Post by VincentG »

I would say that the device has failed again.
Qpassa

Post by Qpassa »

another Tir4 not detected with the blue led flashing
Qpassa

Post by Qpassa »

What solution do you offer to us?
Is the error located?
What do you recommend for avoid this error?
Thanks in advance
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

What operating system are you using, and what version of the TrackIR software are you using?
Qpassa

Post by Qpassa »

W7 X64
The TrackIR5 version you are using is : 5.0.300

Do you think If I use a HUB USB with individual port with surge protection will be enough?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Try unplugging the camera, uninstalling the software, downloading 5.1 final and saving it to your desktop, then right clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator).

After it is installed, reboot. Once windows comes back up, plug in your camera, and run the TrackIR software.
Loophole

Post by Loophole »

Hi. I encountered this same problem just now - my TIR4 was working fine (I was using it), when I noticed the 5.1 update was available. Downloaded and installed it, and all I got thereafter was "device not detected" from the TrackIR software. Windows 7 thought it was all installed OK, and the blue LED flashed occasionally.

I fixed it, though! I checked the driver via the Device Manager, and noticed that it was now running a driver dated from 2007! I told Windows to update the driver - it found one (somewhere), and updated it. Now the TrackIR software is happy and it all works again! The driver it loaded is v2.50.0.0, dated 16/11/2009, so even then it isn't very recent.

I hope this helps some of the other people who have encountered this same problem!
Axel40

Post by Axel40 »

Hmm. This appears to be the thread I need.

Just started using my TrackIR 4 Pro again.

I'm getting it ready for Cliffs of Dover :D

Anyway, it's been working fine in Rise of Flight today until about an hour ago.

I now have a blue light that flashes about every 6-7 seconds and that is it. I can launch the Tir Software but it just shows the screen and nothing is moving at all. The Camera box is blank.

This unit has about 25-30 hours use on it only. I've reinstalled 2 different Driver versions and have gone back to the ones I used before (latest BETA's) and nothing.

Am I screwed now? I mean it's all installed correctly, it shows in Device Manager. It's just dead as a Dodo I think.

64 Bit Win 7 btw.
I never had this with TrackIR 1 or 3.

I really cannot afford another one right now as this is a spanking new upgrade on the PC (for Cliffs of Dover)

Any help here gents?
Axel40

Post by Axel40 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Try unplugging the camera, uninstalling the software, downloading 5.1 final and saving it to your desktop, then right clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator).

After it is installed, reboot. Once windows comes back up, plug in your camera, and run the TrackIR software.[/quote]

Just tried this and no good for me :(
IntruderPL

Post by IntruderPL »

Same thing for me. TIR4 was doing just fine for last few months with TIR5 software. Just updated it and the device is not found by the new software. Any solution? Unplugging, rebooting ets didn't work. System is Vista Home Premium