TrackIr 4 device not detected, blue led flashing

spitfireace

TrackIr 4 device not detected, blue led flashing

Post by spitfireace »

Have not used the Trackir for a while as been busy, so not been playing, but i beta test BoB2 WoV when i have time, i was about start again today, but realized the TrackIr all of a sudden would not work, installed latest software, the blue led flashes normally, but when starting the software it says "device not detected" sometimes looks like the led is trying to stay, but does not in the end....The only change i made to computer that i can think of is installed sp3....in windows xp professional, could it have something to do with it? i have unticked the usb energy saving thingy aswell....

Any ideas? thanks.
Spitfireace.
VincentG

Re: TrackIr 4 device not detected, blue led flashing

Post by VincentG »

Have you tried the device on another system?

Are you plugging in directly to the system, or are you using a hub?

Have you tried isolating the device on the USB ports?
spitfireace

Post by spitfireace »

Havent tried device on another system as cant do it now, will have to be tomorrow at other computer.

Device is plugged directly, no hub.

what do you mean by isolating the device on the usb port?

thanks...
spitfireace

Post by spitfireace »

just tried in another computer, in my bar, 5 mins away from home, installed software and connected the trackir to a usb port, launched software and look like it had been detected, instead of "no device detected" it showed Trackir Pro, and the vector expansion was active, went home to get the hat to try it properly when i got back, launched software again, and i got the " no device detected" so im in the same situation that at home, gonna go and try it in two more computers but there is something wrong here.......
spitfireace

Post by spitfireace »

the blue led flashes, when i connect it to the usb windows detects it just fine, it looks fine in the control panel and all that, it just the softare says " no device detected "......
Zim

Post by Zim »

After updating my programm, the same error is still showing up.
spitfireace

Post by spitfireace »

theres a few people with the same problem, so i doubt is a hardwares failure, that would mean all of a sudden a few trackir pro 4�s have broken and all show same error?...

to be honest the first thing i did after a period without using it was to look for new software and install it, thats .36 version, but now even if i try different older software it does not work, it says different stuff, like instead of no device it says configuring, and sometimes it seems it finds the device, but it does not work properly......
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Replied via email
spitfireace

Post by spitfireace »

Apparently its hardware failure. I spent 220 dollars then in 2006, not used it in summer as im very busy, always sits on top of my screen, and has had hardware failure suddenly. Wicked.
MajorMagee

Post by MajorMagee »

Any chance you've changed the room lighting since you had it running last? It doesn't take much light from behind to kick on the Blue LED.