TrackIR Pro/Vector Vibrating

ejwells409

TrackIR Pro/Vector Vibrating

Post by ejwells409 »

I purchased my TrackIR Pro (with the hat clip) and got it right after Thanksgiving. It has worked flawlessly until just a few days ago when I started getting violent vibrations when I would look left or right (actually lower left and lower right at consoles). I have checked all the tracking, checked in the "edit" area of the profiles section, everything appears normal. Finally, just grasping at straws I changed from vector/trueview to "dot/trueview" and while I can no longer zoom in or look around the corners, the tracking is perfect with no vibrating.

I have tried to think of something I might have done out of the ordinary that would have affected the TrackIR all of a sudden, but I can't really come up with anything at this point.

Any ideas from the experts? I love my TrackIR and if necessary I'll accept the abbreviated functions just to be able to continue using it, lol.
VincentG

Re: TrackIR Pro/Vector Vibrating

Post by VincentG »

When looking at the Tracking screen, View -> Tracking, what do you see here?

When vector is selected, do you have more than 3 green dots, any red?
ejwells409

Post by ejwells409 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]When looking at the Tracking screen, View -> Tracking, what do you see here?[/quote]
solid black background with 3 green dots (the hat clip)

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]
When vector is selected, do you have more than 3 green dots, any red? [/quote]
I know where you're going with this, but these are all things I've already checked. There are no errant reflections from anything else in the room, no red dots or red swatches on the tracking view, nothing showing in any of the diagnostics that would point to another light source causing this shaking/vibrating.

Sorry I know you have to ask these questions, but I've already done extensive testing of all possibilities. It's simply something that wasn't there one day and then started the next.
ejwells409

Post by ejwells409 »

After further test, it appears that the roll setting is the culprit. As long as I maintain a level head turn left or right, up or down, in or out everything is fine, even looking at the lower left and right consoles is steady as long as I don't tilt my head when doing so. As soon as I tilt, even a little, the image goes haywire. Currently I have the roll axis turned off.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Any add-on applications runing that have a head latency option?
ejwells409

Post by ejwells409 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]Any add-on applications runing that have a head latency option?[/quote]
I do have active camera, but everything, including latency was turned off during the first round of tests.