Black Shark; unhandled error. Read all related threads

Fixeroh

Black Shark; unhandled error. Read all related threads

Post by Fixeroh »

Have had TIR for some time now. Works flawlessly with IL-2, rFactor, Wings Over Europe, Allied Force and others. Just installed Ka-50 Black Shark. TIR will not function with this sim. Program errors out during loading of instant action, training or full missions. Blue light extinguishes and it reports an "unhandled error". Occurs in the same place each time. Right about the 50% point in the final loading process, the blue light goes out and TIR function ceases.

I've read all the threads here and on the DCS forum for Black Shark concerning this. Have the latest TIR software and the game profiles are updated. Black Shark profile is shown. I've made no changes to the profile. I've uninstalled and reinstalled TIR per the instructions Vincent has posted several times. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Black Shark several times to try to clear. No joy.

I'm running XP 32 bit on a Nforce 680i SLI mainboard with an Intel E6850 CPU, 4 GB Corsair RAM and 2 8800 GTXx video cards. Using X-Fi extreme gamer sound. Have CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pedals running through the latest version of CH manager. Other USB devices running are my Saitek keyboard and Kensington trackball. Went to Device Manager and disabled power management of USB hubs by Windows. Tried different USB ports. Not using a separate powered USB hub although I did previously and things worked fine. Tried using the Pro Clip and reflectors. Same results. Am going slightly insane over this as everyone who has had a TIR issues with Black Shark has found a resolution.

Anyone have any ideas here? All help is greatly appreciated!
Fixeroh

Re: Black Shark; unhandled error. Read all related threads

Post by Fixeroh »

Anybody? Someone from Naturalpoint tech support?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Answered in another forum......
Fixeroh

Post by Fixeroh »

Vincent; saw your post on the Black Shark forum. Don't have anything really major running in the background but I went ahead and pretty much turned off everything I could and tried again. Keep getting 'unhandled error' and cameradll.dll errors. Went ahead and uninstalled TIR again. Even went into the registry and removed every line linked to Naturalpoint that I could find then reinstalled TIR. Same, same. Have tried using a powered USB hub as well as running straight to mainboard USB port. Same there too. My XP install is only about 2 weeks old and is fully updated. All sound and videocard drivers are updated. I'm totally at a loss here. Spent about 3 hours working on the issue this evening. Do you recommend me phoning tech support directly or using email? I'm at xxxxxxxxx.
reddhm3

Post by reddhm3 »

I'm having a similar issue...
Trackir works fine for FSX and ARMA and was working perfectly on Black Shark until yesterday. I get no error message but the blue lights go out about 50% through the simulation loading and it ceases working. When I alt-Tab the Trackir window says it is not responding. I quit Black Shark, restart Trackir, and load FSX and it works fine.
I'm using the latest version of all software. No changes to system. No excess programs in background on Vista 64. A little help?
Fixeroh

Post by Fixeroh »

ReddShift: If I find something, I will be the first to pass it on but I've tried everything under the sun suggested by Vincent and a host of others. Very frustrating. I have a pretty up to date machine and I'm anal about keeping it running good with the latest drivers. Except for the TrackIR issue with BS, BS runs perfectly. No hiccups at all and I'm running at 1920 x 1200 with everything cranked up. Granted I'm flying in the casual mode at the moment but I've been chasing the TIR issue since day 1. Please let me know if you find anything on your end.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

[quote=ReddShift]I'm having a similar issue...
Trackir works fine for FSX and ARMA and was working perfectly on Black Shark until yesterday. I get no error message but the blue lights go out about 50% through the simulation loading and it ceases working. When I alt-Tab the Trackir window says it is not responding. I quit Black Shark, restart Trackir, and load FSX and it works fine.
I'm using the latest version of all software. No changes to system. No excess programs in background on Vista 64. A little help?[/quote]

Try running both BS, and the TrackIR software as an admin?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

[quote=Fixeroh]Vincent; saw your post on the Black Shark forum. Don't have anything really major running in the background but I went ahead and pretty much turned off everything I could and tried again. Keep getting 'unhandled error' and cameradll.dll errors. Went ahead and uninstalled TIR again. Even went into the registry and removed every line linked to Naturalpoint that I could find then reinstalled TIR. Same, same. Have tried using a powered USB hub as well as running straight to mainboard USB port. Same there too. My XP install is only about 2 weeks old and is fully updated. All sound and videocard drivers are updated. I'm totally at a loss here. Spent about 3 hours working on the issue this evening. Do you recommend me phoning tech support directly or using email? I'm at xxxxxxxxx.[/quote]

Not running any modified files, within BS?

Any joystick software runing?
Fixeroh

Post by Fixeroh »

Negative on modified files. And ran it without CH Products software running as well. Posted again in Black Shark forum about how I decided to go ahead and reformat my machine. Updated only my hardware drivers and XP install. Then installed TIR, updated the games list in TIR then installed Black Shark. Got the same error! Nothing else plugged in, nothing else running. TIR experiences an unhandled error during the final loading screen of BS. The error report states a problem with cameradll.dll. I could send you the error report if it would help. No idea why this is happening just to me. I don't have odd or uncommon hardware and I keep my machine very clean. Again, fresh XP install didn't solve the issue.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you still connected directly to the PC?

Tried moving it to USB hub?

Plugging into the front of the system, with no other USB devices attached to the front?