Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

GT-Force

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Post by GT-Force »

Looks like this game doesn't have TrackIR support, does it?

If so, are there any plans to release support for this game?

Thanks.
Seth Steiling

Re: Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Post by Seth Steiling »

Unfortunately, the developers have passed on integrating TrackIR into Burnout. The final decision rests with them, so we won't be able to offer support.

You can still give them your feedback about the lack of support while also encouraging them to add TrackIR support in future titles.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
GT-Force

Post by GT-Force »

Isn't it possible to come up with an application to do this without integration?

e.g., many gamepads, mice and specialized controllers such as Belkin Nostromo has a software that you can create profiles for games without the need for the game to support it, simulating keypress events.

Can't you do, let's say, in game X, if I turn my head more than alpha degrees, then press "look right" key (map the key that triggers look_right in the game), so that, the driver will look right in the game? Even though it will not be analog, it'll kind-of work.

Thanks.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

That would be a keyboard emulator/mapper:
http://kaf.tri6.net/trackmapper/

We're hoping to integrate our own keymapping in the software in time, but there is no time table for that feature at the moment.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
GT-Force

Post by GT-Force »

Great, I did not know about TrackMapper. You should seriously consider incorporating this into your own package, since it'd enable TrackIR in virtually ANY game!

Novint, which developed Falcon, also was following your business model, which is integrating the driver into the games, since they thought using a mapper would undermine the capabilities of their device. I told them shortly after their release of Falcon, such a mapper would provide great compatibility while they worked on acquiring more games that used it natively. After years of having said this, now they are PRIORITIZING the development of such a driver, since the number of games that they have is still relatively small (like you do).