Suddenly TrackIR 4 Prois "twitching" the view in games

nsignific

Suddenly TrackIR 4 Prois "twitching" the view in games

Post by nsignific »

I play racing games and TrackIR 4 Pro worked fine for a couple of weeks, but yesterday it started TWITCHING the view every couple of seconds.

The way this manifests itself is as a sudden unnatural twitch of my virtual head, sometimes looking as if the view is upside down for a split second.

It rendered my use of TrackIR 4 Pro impossible, so I'm hoping for some sort of a resolution.

The games I tested were rFactor, GTR Evolution, Live for Speed and iRacing, all producing the same result. I cannot reproduce it using the "head view" function of the software, unless I run the "head view" diagnostic alongside my game, on a 2nd monitor - then the twitching is apparent on the virutal head displayed.
VincentG

Re: Suddenly TrackIR 4 Prois "twitching" the view in games

Post by VincentG »

When this occurs, if you look at the View -> Tracking ascreen, what do you see here?

Ant red objects?

Are the green objects being blocked?
nsignific

Post by nsignific »

Vincent, you (or some other Vincent) have responded to my Tech Support claim, and the issue is resolved.

The problem was having my TrackIR connected to a USB hub, which has now been corrected.

As far as I can tell (about an hour of LFS), the problem has gone away. Thank you!
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Nope, just the one Vincent
djgodden

Post by djgodden »

I am also seeing twitching. The view screen looks normal, all lights visible, nothing blocked, green lights. But the screen twitches almost constantly. The twitching looks like it moves up and down about 1/4 inch. Just enough to keep you from clicking anything and making flight nearly impossible. I use Track exclusively in FS2004.

I just noticed that the twitching drops quite a bit when my mouse cursor disappears after about 15 seconds of inactivity.
Help?
Joel
djgodden

Post by djgodden »

I was able to eliminte the twitching by changeing roll to "dead zone" from "smooth"... but that only worked for one flight. The twitching is back and changing TrackIR doesn't appear to have any effect.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Do you have any add-ons installed for FS9?

What OS are you running?

What version of the TrackIR software are you running?

In the camera view/tracking screen, what do you see there?
djgodden

Post by djgodden »

Do you have any add-ons installed for FS9? Yes
- Multiple aircraft
- ASv6.5
- Ultimate Terrain
- FSinn

What OS are you running? WinWP Pro SP2

What version of the TrackIR software are you running? TrackIR v5 but twitching ocurred under v4 (3.1.036 and 4.1.037final) and v5.0.300(6225).

In the camera view/tracking screen, what do you see there? Appears normal, three threen lights, no reflections, no bright spots, nothing abnormal.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The FSInn add-on from MCDU.com includes an option called "head effect" and "enable tilt" which conflict with the TrackIR's view control. These options should be deactivated
djgodden

Post by djgodden »

I tried it with FSInn turned off and the twitching is still present. It is much more pronounced when the mouse is active on the screen and nearly disappears when the mouse is on the start bar at the bottom or on a separate monitor. As I fly longer the twitching is constant regardless of where the mouse is.

Active Camera is also running.