Is my Track IR dead?

Abrupto

Is my Track IR dead?

Post by Abrupto »

Hello,

I think I had a momentary voltage increase in my USB hub where my Track IR was plugged. After that it is not recognized by Windows. Is there anything I can do or this is the end of it?

I'm going to have a 3 projectors setup with triplehed2go to run FSX. Do you think that it is possible to use the Track IR with projectors?.Can you please eleborate on this?

Tank you
Regards
Henrique
VincentG

Re: Is my Track IR dead?

Post by VincentG »

Sure, I know of no issue with using projectors.

Have you tried using the device on another PC?
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

Can I jump on this thread please? Same question, is my TIR pro dead? The other day we have a series of power cuts and my pc (was) set to power back on after a power outage. Now my TIR4, a faithful friend for...well since TIR4 came out, no longer shines with blue, or any other colour, LED. I've tried it on another machine...nothing. Ran the whole gamut of installing, different usb slots etc. Must I call time on it?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If you have tried it on several systems, it is possible that the USB port had a power drop/surge, and corrupted the firmware.
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Vincent]If you have tried it on several systems, it is possible that the USB port had a power drop/surge, and corrupted the firmware. [/quote]
So it's dead?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

That would be my initial thought.
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

:grin: You don't pull your punches do you? I've already consigned it to a cupboard that is full of dead computer bits. They're waiting for the second coming I guess. :)
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Unfortunately you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to isolate it as a hardware issue.
FA_Bong

Post by FA_Bong »

[quote=Doorman]Can I jump on this thread please? Same question, is my TIR pro dead? The other day we have a series of power cuts and my pc (was) set to power back on after a power outage. Now my TIR4, a faithful friend for...well since TIR4 came out, no longer shines with blue, or any other colour, LED. I've tried it on another machine...nothing. Ran the whole gamut of installing, different usb slots etc. Must I call time on it? [/quote]
I have posted elsewhere on a similar subject, is it possible to update or re-install the firmware, can it be sent back for repair or is this a case of buy another we don't fix broken ones ..?
AliGod78

Post by AliGod78 »

Also got a dead TrackIR5, after about 1 months useage. Anyone else's died within the 12 months? Guess I'm just unlucky...

(Have tried device on several other machines, on the main USB ports, never on HUB's)