TrackIR software doesn't start!

Doorman

TrackIR software doesn't start!

Post by Doorman »

Reference: http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post36521
Brand new TIR4 arrived this morning(replaces the one mentioned in another thread) and I've spent most of the day trying to get it to work! I've scoured these forums to no avail. When I click on the desktop shortcut NOTHING happens! All it does is to does start a TrackIR.exe process. I've lost track of how many times I've installed and uninstalled the software. Yes I've deleted the folder, I've tried different usb ports and made an exception of it in NOD32 antivirus, (not that this bothered the previous TIR)I've run Regclean and done a search in the registry and deleted the naturalpoint folder in there as well. I've installed it on another machine and wouldn't you know, it works!
I have absolutely no idea what to do next that doesn't involve a shotgun!
XP home SP3
It sits on top of my monitor staring down at me with a slow blinking blue light and I'm heartily sick of it
Seth Steiling

Re: TrackIR software doesn't start!

Post by Seth Steiling »

Are you using Version 5.0 - Beta 04 or Version 4.1.037?

Have you manually ended all TrackIR.exe processes and then restarted the software?
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

Wow! Quick. :) I've done 4.1.036 and .037. Yes I've manually ended the process and restarted...nada. It's an idea though, as much as I dislike 5 I haven't tried that.
I'll be back!
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

Damn me! 5 works! :grin: Not that I like it one little bit. 4 was simple to set up but I guess I'll have to live with it. Thanks for the quick response.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Is there anything in particular that you don't like about 5.0? We are still in beta, so feedback is helpful.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Doorman

Post by Doorman »

Maybe I'm just an old fart that is resistant to change. I guess I just need to find my way around it. I have more or less made a profile for racing but it's not so intuitive as 4. Any idea why 4 didn't work? Anyway, you can't resist progress eh? Thanks for your time. :grin:
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

In the following folder location, C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR4\Profiles, what is the file size for each profile?